SOPHAS GPA vs. UC GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xAmyx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is probably a newb question, but I'm just beginning to look in to grad schools. How does the SOPHAS GPA calculation work? I've been reading about it and have gotten no clear answers. I'm currently attending a UC and our GPA does not include community college courses taken over the summer for GE. Will SOPHAS include these classes?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll never know until you manually enter everything in SOPHAS, and send your transcripts from the community college and your undergraduate institution to them. SOPHAS will calculate both of them by what you enter and then verify that it matches the transcripts.

In my case, SOPHAS bumped up my GPA a point or two. However, I know people who had a lower SOPHAS GPA. The important thing is to get everything into SOPHAS and focus on the parts of your application that you can do something about, such as your letter of intent.

Best,

You'll be asked to enter all of your coursework from every school you attended after high school. If I recall correctly, most of my CC credits counted in at least one of the calculations.

Members don't see this ad :)
do anyone know if SOPHAS calculates repeated courses too? Do they take the highest grade, or do they just average all of the repeated classes into your gpa?

do anyone know if SOPHAS calculates repeated courses too? Do they take the highest grade, or do they just average all of the repeated classes into your gpa?

courses repeated: it only counts the grade replacing

SOPHAS counts the grade earned from repeating the class ONLY if it was taken at the same institution and is the exact same class.