sore throat: mac vs. miller

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Intrathecal

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has there been any studies done to evaluate whether there is a higher incidence of sore throat with the miller blade over the mac? I did a search and could not find any. I have been using the miller blade more and seem to have more patients complaining about sore throat.

Members don't see this ad.

sore throat = (usu.) bad technique

miller makes more sense intuitively to become problematic, though, as you are passing it over the epiglottis instead of behind it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree.
The MAC compared to The Miller is similar to A Cadillac compared to a Land Rover: THe Cadillac does a much smoother job most of the time, but there are times when you need the Land rover.

Dude, how did you know I own 2 land Rovers?

I always wanted one but just can't convince myself that I need it in Florida :)

Well, I just purchased a Range Rover Sport Supercharged and I can tell you, it will do fine in Fla. It is a sports car that can go offroad well. It handles sand very well. My other is a defender 90 and I can see how that may not be the best Rover in Fla. Poor AC, Poorer highway performance but there are plenty in Fla and they are in a Offroad club.

Has there been any studies done to evaluate whether there is a higher incidence of sore throat with the miller blade over the mac? I did a search and could not find any. I have been using the miller blade more and seem to have more patients complaining about sore throat.

Any difference when you have + / - lube on the ETT cuff?

Well, I just purchased a Range Rover Sport Supercharged and I can tell you, it will do fine in Fla. It is a sports car that can go offroad well. It handles sand very well. My other is a defender 90 and I can see how that may not be the best Rover in Fla. Poor AC, Poorer highway performance but there are plenty in Fla and they are in a Offroad club.

I'd like to land myself an infiniti M45 sport when all is said and done. Range Rover Sport is a nice ride for sure.

Make sure your vehicle's VIN starts with a "J" as in Japan. No other country should be allowed to manufacture vehicles other than Japan-- certainly not the USA. Range Rover!---ughh. Try an 80 series Toyota Landcruiser with factory lockers-- the real Mccoy-- not uncommon to last 300-500,000 miles. Regards--- Zip

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure your vehicle's VIN starts with a "J" as in Japan. No other country should be allowed to manufacture vehicles other than Japan-- certainly not the USA. Range Rover!---ughh. Try an 80 series Toyota Landcruiser with factory lockers-- the real Mccoy-- not uncommon to last 300-500,000 miles. Regards--- Zip

Nice Zip.
I had a 1984 FJ 60. It was the first vehicle I bought after residency when I landed that high paying job. I paid $4000 for it and it was cherry. It lasted me 2 years. Then the harmonic balancer went out on it and f'ed up the whole engine. I replaced the engine and sold it as fast as I could. I do regret selling it, sort of. But I bought the defender b/4 selling it and it was a no brainer for me. The defender is much more powerful and capable than the FJ. The Fj 80 is nice (esp the '97) but still under powered for my taste. Now, drop a 350ci in it or even better, a diesel and you have a beast.:thumbup: