• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Intrathecal

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Olympia, Washington
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Has there been any studies done to evaluate whether there is a higher incidence of sore throat with the miller blade over the mac? I did a search and could not find any. I have been using the miller blade more and seem to have more patients complaining about sore throat.

VolatileAgent

Livin' the dream
15+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
sore throat = (usu.) bad technique

miller makes more sense intuitively to become problematic, though, as you are passing it over the epiglottis instead of behind it.

About the Ads

Noyac

15+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I always wanted one but just can't convince myself that I need it in Florida :)

Well, I just purchased a Range Rover Sport Supercharged and I can tell you, it will do fine in Fla. It is a sports car that can go offroad well. It handles sand very well. My other is a defender 90 and I can see how that may not be the best Rover in Fla. Poor AC, Poorer highway performance but there are plenty in Fla and they are in a Offroad club.

Monty Python

15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Nowhere particular
Has there been any studies done to evaluate whether there is a higher incidence of sore throat with the miller blade over the mac? I did a search and could not find any. I have been using the miller blade more and seem to have more patients complaining about sore throat.

Any difference when you have + / - lube on the ETT cuff?

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Louisville
www.somethingawful.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Well, I just purchased a Range Rover Sport Supercharged and I can tell you, it will do fine in Fla. It is a sports car that can go offroad well. It handles sand very well. My other is a defender 90 and I can see how that may not be the best Rover in Fla. Poor AC, Poorer highway performance but there are plenty in Fla and they are in a Offroad club.

I'd like to land myself an infiniti M45 sport when all is said and done. Range Rover Sport is a nice ride for sure.

zippy2u

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status (Visible)
Make sure your vehicle's VIN starts with a "J" as in Japan. No other country should be allowed to manufacture vehicles other than Japan-- certainly not the USA. Range Rover!---ughh. Try an 80 series Toyota Landcruiser with factory lockers-- the real Mccoy-- not uncommon to last 300-500,000 miles. Regards--- Zip

Reactions: 1 user

Noyac

15+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Make sure your vehicle's VIN starts with a "J" as in Japan. No other country should be allowed to manufacture vehicles other than Japan-- certainly not the USA. Range Rover!---ughh. Try an 80 series Toyota Landcruiser with factory lockers-- the real Mccoy-- not uncommon to last 300-500,000 miles. Regards--- Zip

Nice Zip.
I had a 1984 FJ 60. It was the first vehicle I bought after residency when I landed that high paying job. I paid $4000 for it and it was cherry. It lasted me 2 years. Then the harmonic balancer went out on it and f'ed up the whole engine. I replaced the engine and sold it as fast as I could. I do regret selling it, sort of. But I bought the defender b/4 selling it and it was a no brainer for me. The defender is much more powerful and capable than the FJ. The Fj 80 is nice (esp the '97) but still under powered for my taste. Now, drop a 350ci in it or even better, a diesel and you have a beast.:thumbup:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.