Sorry for the stupid question, but do med schools look for official high school transcripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeroTouchMeNot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current college sophomore, and I'm asking cause I lost all my highschool transcripts. Hopefully they won't ever need it... :(

Members don't see this ad.

No high school transcripts are not needed. School districts maintain all high school transcripts so you would still be able to obtain them if needed in the future.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No high school transcripts are not needed. School districts maintain all high school transcripts so you would still be able to obtain them if needed in the future.
:( Unfortunately, I'm from a third world country where schools don't keep electronic records yet..

Current college sophomore, and I'm asking cause I lost all my highschool transcripts. Hopefully they won't ever need it... :(
No they don't. Your bachelors degree is a better indicator of your potential than your high school performance. This is good since I didn't even take high school chemistry lol my application would get burned

Reactions: 1 user
No they don't. Your bachelors degree is a better indicator of your potential than your high school performance. This is good since I didn't even take high school chemistry lol my application would get burned
I dropped out of high school and got a GED lol, my app would have gone directly in the trash

I dropped out of high school and got a GED lol, my app would have gone directly in the trash
I had an iep for bad hand writing, so my school thought I couldn't handle stem classes. They weren't a great district.

• Wow
I had an iep for bad hand writing, so my school thought I couldn't handle stem classes. They weren't a great district.
I know that feel. I never even finished a single science class or any math beyond a D in pre-algebra because my school didn't know what to do with a kid with such severe ADHD. Made the learning curve for college fun