Sources for long scientific articles?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Bigbirdo, 01.13.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Bigbirdo

Bigbirdo 5+ Year Member

I am trying to read 5 articles per day to train my speed. However, I can't really find an ideal sources for 1500 words articles. The selected articles from Scientific American posted on DAT Bootcamp are mostly around 500--800 words, and some of them require subscription. New York Times has long articles, but you can only read 20 articles per month for free. In addition, they only have around 20 scientific articles on the website, and I don't know how often they update. I also tried Science Daily News. There are articles of more than 1500 words, but it takes time to look for them.
    Do you guys know any other source that has these "long articles?" I am also willing to subscribe, but I would like to explore my options before I pay.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. free99

free99 SDN Moderator 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Pubmed and medscape should have some

4. Ari Rezaei

Ari Rezaei Senior Member Lifetime Donor Gold Donor 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Sometimes your school will have a subscription to Scientific American and American Scientist. That's how I got all the longer articles.

You can also check out this resource I recently found: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/browse/sub/medicinedentistry/a

I suggest choosing links that are books, or review books/introductions, and are open access (they have a green icon).

5. Pillowcases

Pillowcases Banned Banned 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    +1

6. Illfavor

Illfavor 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hell, google scholar should be enough!

About the ads