South Carolina DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fionadpt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know people have began to hear back from South Carolina. Just wondering what people have heard so far!

Members don't see this ad.

I know people have began to hear back from South Carolina. Just wondering what people have heard so far!
I got an acceptance email today!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Gotcha. I applied to South Carolina and haven't received an e-mail yet, so hopefully they're still sending out decisions tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Received my rejection email from USC yesterday. :( still waiting to hear back from MUSC

Anyone have any idea when MUSC will be sending out decisions?

Heard back from USC on Wednesday 12/06. Got accepted!

heard back from USC last week. MUSC said likely in January.

To people who were accepted, what is your likelihood of going?

I got a rejection email earlier today (12/13) from MUSC , but I'm trying to stay hopeful for USC and the rest of my applications .

Received my rejection email from USC yesterday. :( still waiting to hear back from MUSC
Don't be discouraged! There is still plenty of time ahead. I'm sorry that you got rejected, but that doesn't mean you weren't a strong applicant!

Members don't see this ad :)
How safe is the area around USC? I've never been to South Carolina and won't be able to get there before the deposit deadline

I also applied to USC and havent heard anything yet.

How safe is the area around USC? I've never been to South Carolina and won't be able to get there before the deposit deadline

It’s a college city with 30,000 students. There are pockets of crime like any other city, but Columbia is reasonably safe.

To everyone who's planning on attending, there hasn't been a Facebook group set up yet, right?

Hopeful update!
Last week I got accepted from the waitlist at #40 and today I sent in my decline. Not sure if they went through the waitlist that quickly or my last semester grades made a difference, but maybe this give you hope or makes you feel like you're not in the dark. Perhaps more people will be added to the waitlist or you get off soon! Good luck!

To everyone who's planning on attending, there hasn't been a Facebook group set up yet, right?
I haven't been added to anything yet. I've been hoping they'll do it soon! I'd like to find a roommate soon, I have my eye on a few cute houses that are affordable and close to campus

I haven't been added to anything yet. I've been hoping they'll do it soon! I'd like to find a roommate soon, I have my eye on a few cute houses that are affordable and close to campus
I’m looking for a place to live and people to live with! I’m not from the area but I’ll be making a trip the 22nd to try and find a place to live

I just looked up last year's class page and it looks like they'll add people around the end of next week. I'm looking for roommates, too! I had a chance to visit a month ago and it seems like there are a lot of great apartment complexes!

Hi everyone!! I just found this thread but I am currently a senior at USC and will be attending the PT school in August! I would LOVE to give y'all information about where to live and the ins and outs of Columbia... parking, the gym, ect. Please feel free to message me any questions! Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
I just looked up last year's class page and it looks like they'll add people around the end of next week. I'm looking for roommates, too! I had a chance to visit a month ago and it seems like there are a lot of great apartment complexes!

Has anyone heard anything yet about a Facebook group or gotten any more info from the school since paying the deposit?

Has anyone heard anything yet about a Facebook group or gotten any more info from the school since paying the deposit?
I emailed Martha and she said the class is still being finalized but they'll make the group when it's done! There's a UofSC DPT one that's for all the classes that you can join in the meantime

I got an email about sending in immunization records, setting up your VIP ID and information about the carolina card