You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
South Carolina (USC Columbia) DPT
Started by hopefulptstudent22
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted831349
In the past two years, letters have gone out on the first Wednesday in December, so hopefully you will be hearing this week!
sportsgirlycat
New Member
did anyone hear today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefulptstudent22
New Member
did anyone hear today
I didn't. Maybe they send out actual letters in the mail? So hopefully tomorrow or Friday.
sportsgirlycat
New Member
has anyone heard yet? maybe they aren't sending them out this week
Congrats!!Just heard back! Got accepted!
Did you get mail or an email? How did you find out?Congrats!!
hopefulptstudent22
New Member
So y’all mind sharing your stats?! Still haven’t heard back.
3.6 GPA, 324 GRE, >500 hrs as a tech.So y’all mind sharing your stats?! Still haven’t heard back.
So y’all mind sharing your stats?! Still haven’t heard back.
Sure!
I'm currently a senior at UNC Chapel Hill majoring in Exercise Science
cGPA 3.66 pGPA ~3.8, 315 GRE (156V 159Q 4.0W) and only about 120 hours of shadowing. My stats are pretty average for USC, but I have been conducting my own individual research during undergrad for almost 3 years now and so I think that is what got me in since it is a research heavy school. I've also been a resident advisor (RA) for 3 years.
If it makes you feel any better, the email I got said that last year they offered acceptances to 125 people to fill the 30 spots. A lot of turn over! So don't be bummed out just yet!!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefuldpt286
Full Member
Hi everyone. Just found out I was waitlisted. We’ll see what happens in the coming months I guess
dpthopeful2020
New Member
Hi! Has anyone heard from UofSC DPT for the upcoming cycle (beginning August 2020)?
I’ve not heard back yet! Last year I got my denial letter the second week of December.Hi! Has anyone heard from UofSC DPT for the upcoming cycle (beginning August 2020)?
destination.dpt
Full Member
They sent out some emails today I believe
Was it USC or MUSC? Because I know MUSC was sending letters out yesterday (Friday)They sent out some emails today I believe
Delawaregirlie123
New Member
I received an acceptance to USC on Friday!!
dpthopeful2020
New Member
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats? @Delawaregirlie123
Delawaregirlie123
New Member
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats? @Delawaregirlie123
Yeah of course!
Undergrad School: University of Tampa
Degree: Allied Health Concentration in Physical Therapy
Cumulative GPA: 3.88
GRE: 155 Quant 155 Verbal 4.0 Writing
Observation hours: 88 hours in various settings
wambam1391
Full Member
On the flip side, has anybody gotten a rejection letter/e-mail? I figure this will be the week for that if it’s coming via mail.
I haven’t. I know the original email they sent out (about when they’d be sending out decisions) said they don’t typically fill their class until March so it’s possible we might not hear back until then. I know last year I got my rejection letter a few days before Christmas in an email.On the flip side, has anybody gotten a rejection letter/e-mail? I figure this will be the week for that if it’s coming via mail.
dpthopeful2020
New Member
Has anyone heard anything since the initial letters were sent Dec 6? Wondering if they will do a rolling acceptance from this point or if everything will still be in waves.
I haven’t heard anything. I emailed ashley letting her know I’d completed my academic update and sent an updated transcript to PTCAS around the 16th and haven’t even gotten a reply from that. I know their undergrad classes don’t start back until the 13 (my sister is a senior) so it’s possible they’re still out of office.Has anyone heard anything since the initial letters were sent Dec 6? Wondering if they will do a rolling acceptance from this point or if everything will still be in waves.
NoI got an email today that I was put on the waitlist. Has anyone else heard anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dpthopeful2020
New Member
I got an email today that I was put on the waitlist. Has anyone else heard anything?
I am also on the waitlist. Have you (or anyone else) on the waitlist heard anything from them?