South Carolina (USC Columbia) DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulptstudent22

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has heard back from USC yet?! I know they start reviewing applications November 1.

Members don't see this ad.

In the past two years, letters have gone out on the first Wednesday in December, so hopefully you will be hearing this week!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have not heard back yet either but I know someone that goes there and they had the accreditation board there this past week so they were probably focused on that and didn't send them out yet

Reactions: 1 users
Just heard back! Got accepted!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So y’all mind sharing your stats?! Still haven’t heard back.

Sure!
I'm currently a senior at UNC Chapel Hill majoring in Exercise Science
cGPA 3.66 pGPA ~3.8, 315 GRE (156V 159Q 4.0W) and only about 120 hours of shadowing. My stats are pretty average for USC, but I have been conducting my own individual research during undergrad for almost 3 years now and so I think that is what got me in since it is a research heavy school. I've also been a resident advisor (RA) for 3 years.

If it makes you feel any better, the email I got said that last year they offered acceptances to 125 people to fill the 30 spots. A lot of turn over! So don't be bummed out just yet!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Just found out I was waitlisted. We’ll see what happens in the coming months I guess

I will be turning down my spot at USC, hope this helps someone!

Hi! Has anyone heard from UofSC DPT for the upcoming cycle (beginning August 2020)?

On the flip side, has anybody gotten a rejection letter/e-mail? I figure this will be the week for that if it’s coming via mail.

On the flip side, has anybody gotten a rejection letter/e-mail? I figure this will be the week for that if it’s coming via mail.
I haven’t. I know the original email they sent out (about when they’d be sending out decisions) said they don’t typically fill their class until March so it’s possible we might not hear back until then. I know last year I got my rejection letter a few days before Christmas in an email.

Has anyone heard anything since the initial letters were sent Dec 6? Wondering if they will do a rolling acceptance from this point or if everything will still be in waves.

Has anyone heard anything since the initial letters were sent Dec 6? Wondering if they will do a rolling acceptance from this point or if everything will still be in waves.
I haven’t heard anything. I emailed ashley letting her know I’d completed my academic update and sent an updated transcript to PTCAS around the 16th and haven’t even gotten a reply from that. I know their undergrad classes don’t start back until the 13 (my sister is a senior) so it’s possible they’re still out of office.

I got an email today that I was put on the waitlist. Has anyone else heard anything?