South college of pharmacy, anyone else accepted yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ormanyhills

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got interviewed and accepted on the same day a week back...there is a 1500 seat deposit and i still have 5 interviews in january...

Anyone else get accepted?

What was your overall impression of the school?

Anyone who is in the program currently care to give some details on experience so far?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any tips for in the interview and how did it go? I have mine next week.

Congrats on the Interview! Just be Yourself and remember its an open file interview..they will have all your grades and all infront of them...be prepared to answer questions regarding issues....I got an acceptance call within 5 hours of the interview, which is AWESOME!

do you live in knoxville?? im just wanting to hear others feedback regarding the school...any locals would be great...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! was it a group interview or?

And I actually live in North Carolina..one of my friends goes to this school and he absolutely loves it. He's actually the one that told me about it so it seems to be pretty great (according to him).

Thanks! no it was an individual interview with two faculty members..both were extremely nice and were very down to earth. Yea Ive heard great things about it but there is not that much information out there on the web regarding financial aid and loans, room and board, accreditation situation, academic curriculum...etc...

interview wise my best advice is make sure they know why you chose pharmacy and why you chose south college in particular??? and be prepared to answer a few situational issues in the pharmacy profession, ( what you do as a pharmacist in charge in such and such case??)

I mailed my package back to South College school of pharmacy with the seat fee, and I was notified that they have received my package today. I am looking very forward to being part of the class of 2016. Out of all the 6 school I applied to, interviewed with, toured their campus, and dealt with in one capacity or another have not held a candle to South College. South College is the only school that has actually picked up the phone and called me. They called me to invite me to an interview and called me to let me know that I was accepted and will be receiving an acceptance package in the mail. Also, they worked with me when I asked for an extension and granted it because they wanted me to feel secure and comfortable with my decision. They also stayed in touch with me by email and phone and I really appreciate South College. Also, they was the only school who sent me Happy New Year and Merry Christmas emails and other information and even links to videos about their school.

South College is a great, new program and I can guarantee that within 1-3 years after receiving their full accreditation, they will be widely known as not only the top pharmacy school in East Tennessee or TN, but in all of the South, and maybe even be a top rival with top schools in the West, North and Eastern parts of the U.S. It is the only inter-professional school in TN or in the South, for that matter, that I know of anyway. I know that there is one in Chicago and it may be the closest one other than South. You fully learn your pharmacy trade while working along side nurses, P.A.'s, and Physical Therapists and etc., and they all learn their trades while working alongside the pharmacists.

The school is completely nice and has the most advanced technology of any school that I have ever seen. I am already accepted and do not begin classes until June 27, but I plan to go back and visit it again well before orientation because I just felt proud driving up to this school for my interview and much more proud to drive up to it than I did anywhere else. The grounds are really nice and the driveway into the school is also very attention grabbing and the building itself is top notch and very noticeable from the interstate just like the undergraduate location is. You can tell that a lot of time was put into the plans of these buildings and more so, the locations of these buildings.

I just love the school and I look forward to it. The last thing that I want to say is the pharmacy school even in my home city never picked up the phone and called me and I have lived here my whole life. After dealing with South College, I felt the school here was a downgrade compared to South College as they were not nearly as personable. I do not know why they won't pick up a phone to call someone to an interview, but the overall personality of a school reflects upon the personality of a few. Also, I would rather not go to school for four years as I took an extra year finishing my bachelor and want to get this year back in a three year program. Also, other 4 schools I applied to were 3 year accelerated programs, but then again, although three of these four were very nice and cordial when I speak with them when I would phone them or by email. They still will not pick up the phone and call and ask you to an interview and some of them will not even call you after your interview to talk with you. Most of them either just sends another email to you know of your acceptance or not or when you are invited to an interview or not or snail mails a decision of an interview or an acceptance.

To be honest, I think that South College is by far the number one choice for me and they always was, and also, even though I thought so, but by giving me an extension and made me know so. I just love how South College is so personable within their staff and faculty, and trust me a great overall school persona rubs off on the students as well.

This is all I have to say except if anyone is thinking between schools, I think that you should pay attention to the methods at which you were approached and the methods of contact altogether and the school personality/persona. Also, look at the difference between the schools technology, and just how nice and appreciative they are to you on the phone, in a tour, a visit, in email, and even after they have received your acceptance package. South College is still very nice after they receive your acceptance package and will still take the time with you and answer all of your questions before and after receiving your acceptance package.

South College School of Pharmacy has just advanced from pre-candidate status to candidate status!

Hey guys,

I'll be applying to South College this fall. Does anybody have an idea what GPA/PCAT combo will get me an interview?

Currently my cGPA is 3.3 (B.A in Sociology) but my science gpa is 2.7-2.8. Takng the PCAT in September.
- I've been out of school about a year but no pharmacy related work experience except volunteer hours (applying to Tech positions now).

I noticed the mean GPA listed for the last class was 3.0 but I'm not sure if thats cumulative GPA.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'll be applying to South College this fall. Does anybody have an idea what GPA/PCAT combo will get me an interview?

Currently my cGPA is 3.3 (B.A in Sociology) but my science gpa is 2.7-2.8. Takng the PCAT in September.
- I've been out of school about a year but no pharmacy related work experience except volunteer hours (applying to Tech positions now).

I noticed the mean GPA listed for the last class was 3.0 but I'm not sure if thats cumulative GPA.

I must say that you should not be concern about your GPA and PCAT scores. Granted, you should still try your best and get the highest school you can. I think South College want to know why you want to attend their school and what really inspires to you become a Pharmacist. When I applied, they sent me an email after a couple of days when I submitted my PharmCAS and sure enough I was asked when I can come visit their school for an interview. I am glad that you are getting pharmacy experience being and tech and all. If you have family members that are Pharmacists that will also help your case.

Don't worry my friend, you'll be fine, just apply.

Last edited:
I withdrew my application. Hopefully, someone else can get that spot!:thumbup:

I am trying to find affordable housing close to the school. would like a duplex but apartment would be ok too. 2 bedroom. around $500. anyone have any advice?