South Jersey Hurricane Sandy Volunteer Group

Started by Tunaman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tunaman

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am starting a volunteer group for atlantic county, NJ. As soon as they let people back on the island I would like to partake in rebuilding the local community. Anyone who lives within driving distance is asked to participate. I have already established contact with local government. I will have more information in the days to come. In the meantime, I am starting a list of potential volunteers. Show your support

In a PM, please include your name, number, and email address, days and times you would be available to assist. Some of you may choose to volunteer through your local govt or red cross, which I think would also be great, this is for those close enough to make the commute to atlantic county, NJ. Thank you and god bless.
 
Bump.

Great idea Tunaman, and I would be glad to take part if I were anywhere remotely close to NJ. Best of luck!
 
BUMP
I am absolutely shocked at the lack of interest...at the very least, use this opportunity to polish your application if you're applying late this cycle or preparing for the next...people genuinely need our help
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it's less lack of interest and more lack of proximity.

Plenty of people I know from the Northeast region flew down to help during Katrina, proximity shouldn't be an issue when talking about people helping people during this time of devastation. Any help would be appreciated...even if you want to gather canned goods and essentials to mail to area shelters and food banks.