-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
South University Interview
Started by MuraRX
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I agree...I was a little taken aback by the tuition. But I think it also has to do with their brand new facilities. Those labs were beautiful!
As far as other negatives; I don't know which tour you were on, but our tour guide told us that they have a business casual dress code...no jeans, flip flops, sweats, etc. That bothers me a little. Dressing like you're going to work can get expensive, not to mention annoying especially with the super rigorous curriculum. Other than that, I think it's a good school that will probably make it's mark once they have a few more graduating classes under their belts.
What do you look like/ or what were you wearing? I wonder if we met....pm me if you want....
As far as other negatives; I don't know which tour you were on, but our tour guide told us that they have a business casual dress code...no jeans, flip flops, sweats, etc. That bothers me a little. Dressing like you're going to work can get expensive, not to mention annoying especially with the super rigorous curriculum. Other than that, I think it's a good school that will probably make it's mark once they have a few more graduating classes under their belts.
What do you look like/ or what were you wearing? I wonder if we met....pm me if you want....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree...I was a little taken aback by the tuition. But I think it also has to do with their brand new facilities. Those labs were beautiful!
As far as other negatives; I don't know which tour you were on, but our tour guide told us that they have a business casual dress code...no jeans, flip flops, sweats, etc. That bothers me a little. Dressing like you're going to work can get expensive, not to mention annoying especially with the super rigorous curriculum. Other than that, I think it's a good school that will probably make it's mark once they have a few more graduating classes under their belts.
What do you look like/ or what were you wearing? I wonder if we met....pm me if you want....
and it's highly enforced too. did they mention no food in the classroom?
Oh I remember you PharmDJH! I had my hair tied back, white collar shirt, black sweater vest, glasses. Although we didn't meet so maybe you don't remember me...
Yeah, some schools have the dress code, but not most. I'm never a sloppy dresser and it's not like I'm gonna go to school in my pajamas 🙂 . I just don't see the harm in being able to wear jeans. Just seems like they should have a little more respect for their students as adults in a professional program to be able to dress neatly without having to impose that type of dress restriction. Just my two cents....
On a more important note, how do you think your interviews went? My interviewers were both very friendly and gave me a good impression of the school and program. They also made it more of a conversation than a formal interview which was nice b/c it made me less nervous.
Yeah, some schools have the dress code, but not most. I'm never a sloppy dresser and it's not like I'm gonna go to school in my pajamas 🙂 . I just don't see the harm in being able to wear jeans. Just seems like they should have a little more respect for their students as adults in a professional program to be able to dress neatly without having to impose that type of dress restriction. Just my two cents....
On a more important note, how do you think your interviews went? My interviewers were both very friendly and gave me a good impression of the school and program. They also made it more of a conversation than a formal interview which was nice b/c it made me less nervous.
I agree...I was a little taken aback by the tuition. But I think it also has to do with their brand new facilities. Those labs were beautiful!
I take it you didn't look at the windows and notice the water stains? It would of been a great building if they didn't find the lowest paid contractor based out of the Dominican Republic to do the construction
The second floor and the roof (if you know how to get there) is also a great spot for plane spotting with the Military air strip being less than a mile away from the school
NEVER eat at that sub shop next to the school. Trust me on this one.
yeah, the school cafeteria offers a much better fine dining experience....And let's not forget that the 2nd floor also overlooks the ghetto so you're almost sure to see a drive by at least once during your time there.
Oh...and NEVER eat at that nasty sub shop next to the school. Trust me on this one.
and the school fitness center is great if you'd rather work out on your 2 hour lunch breaks. =)
I got in! But, I don't know what to do. I don't hate the school, but it's not my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice either. Should I pay the deposit just in case? It's my only acceptance so far. Still waiting to hear from UNC; have upcoming interviews at Wingate and UCSF. Haven't received interview requests anywhere else. What would you do? Please, I need advice 😕
pay the deposit...500 bucks or 1000 bucks is a drop in the bucket to lose if you get in to one of your top three schools...however if you don't get in and don't pay the deposit, then you will be sorry...
MuraRX ya already got a letter already that's great congrats??? I was wondering if you could tell me your stats to compare them to mine still waiting for mine? oh about the deposit 500 is not that bad if i were you i would pay it to make it your safty school.THanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! Yea, well not a letter, I got an email today. It said that I've been selected for admission for June 2007 and that I will be receiving an official letter in the mail. You guys are right; I might as well suck it up and pay the deposit. I'll be kicking myself later if I don't get in anywhere else.
PharmDJH, my PCAT composite is 80. GPA is 3.5. I have a B.A. in Bio and have been working in clinical research since graduating in 2005.
Where else have you applied by the way? Any other interviews?
PharmDJH, my PCAT composite is 80. GPA is 3.5. I have a B.A. in Bio and have been working in clinical research since graduating in 2005.
Where else have you applied by the way? Any other interviews?
awesome we have pretty much the same stats i have 3.5 and 82 on PCAT no degree tho and no pharm work i hope i get an email soon.
I applied to Nova did and interview with them last week,UF,LECOM,FAMU,Purdue,colorado,mecer nothing from the other places yet.
I applied to Nova did and interview with them last week,UF,LECOM,FAMU,Purdue,colorado,mecer nothing from the other places yet.
pay the deposit...500 bucks or 1000 bucks is a drop in the bucket to lose if you get in to one of your top three schools...however if you don't get in and don't pay the deposit, then you will be sorry...
Really, it's hard to focus on writing a good response while mario is banging the princess.
I got in! But, I don't know what to do. I don't hate the school, but it's not my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice either. Should I pay the deposit just in case? It's my only acceptance so far. Still waiting to hear from UNC; have upcoming interviews at Wingate and UCSF. Haven't received interview requests anywhere else. What would you do? Please, I need advice 😕
Congrats on the acceptance! People I know that interviewed at UNC last year said it took a while for their responses. No school is a given so if you really want to be a pharmacist when you grow up, pay the deposit just in case. You never know, you may get accepted to your first choice and then realize that it's not your first choice anymore. 🙂
It's true; I don't want to be kicking myself later for turning them down over losing a few hundred bucks. What's it gonna matter once I'm in debt up to my eyeballs anyway right? 😀
I interviewed at UNC on Jan. 12th and absolutely fell in love with the school. I know it's definitely my first choice. But I don't expect to hear anything from them for at least another month. South told us that we have to reply within 10 days of receiving an acceptance letter so there's no way I will hear from UNC before then. This entire application process has run me completely dry of cashflow by the way! I haven't gone shoe shopping in months! I never thought I could go that long! 🙄
I interviewed at UNC on Jan. 12th and absolutely fell in love with the school. I know it's definitely my first choice. But I don't expect to hear anything from them for at least another month. South told us that we have to reply within 10 days of receiving an acceptance letter so there's no way I will hear from UNC before then. This entire application process has run me completely dry of cashflow by the way! I haven't gone shoe shopping in months! I never thought I could go that long! 🙄
you just wish it was me giving you the one-upsReally, it's hard to focus on writing a good response while mario is banging the princess.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be there on the 16th as well. So far South is the only school that I have heard from- so I'm pretty nervous. Good luck and I'll see you there.
What are some of your stats like GPA and PCAT?
97 PCAT
3.5 overall GPA
3.2 science GPA
BA in Biology, 9 months as a pharm tech (7 years ago), 1.5 years as a veterinary assistant, 9 months as a research assistant in clinical research
I procrastinated and did not turn in my apps until end of November/early Dec- I think this is what will hurt my chances the most
Is south your top choice?
I have not decided yet. I really like the fact that it is a 3 yr program in a place with much better weather than where I am at now (MN). I'm planning on spending 4 days in Savannah to get to know the city better.
How many of yall have actually been accepted so far? I'm so excited for all of you!
MuraRX Congrats on your acceptance. i also have been accepted at South University, but I got accepted back in November. I paid the fee because i hadn't heard from or even seen any of the other schools. I think that the $500 is totally worth it, because i definitely have a school to go to. I also interviewed at UNC (on Jan. 17th) and I have an interview at UF (on March 9th). I would definitely advise you to pay the fee, it feels like a whole weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
