South University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MuraRX

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious who will be at South's interview tomorrow morning. I'm driving down tonight and not lookin forward to the 5 1/2 hour drive. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey MuraRX i just came back from Souths interview what did you think about it? Only neg i have is $$$$$$!!!

I agree...I was a little taken aback by the tuition. But I think it also has to do with their brand new facilities. Those labs were beautiful!
As far as other negatives; I don't know which tour you were on, but our tour guide told us that they have a business casual dress code...no jeans, flip flops, sweats, etc. That bothers me a little. Dressing like you're going to work can get expensive, not to mention annoying especially with the super rigorous curriculum. Other than that, I think it's a good school that will probably make it's mark once they have a few more graduating classes under their belts.

What do you look like/ or what were you wearing? I wonder if we met....pm me if you want....

Members don't see this ad :)
I was the only Asian guy there black suit blue tie. About the dress code thing most all school has a dress code like that most the other school i went to interviews with said that same thing about the dress code.

I agree...I was a little taken aback by the tuition. But I think it also has to do with their brand new facilities. Those labs were beautiful!
As far as other negatives; I don't know which tour you were on, but our tour guide told us that they have a business casual dress code...no jeans, flip flops, sweats, etc. That bothers me a little. Dressing like you're going to work can get expensive, not to mention annoying especially with the super rigorous curriculum. Other than that, I think it's a good school that will probably make it's mark once they have a few more graduating classes under their belts.

What do you look like/ or what were you wearing? I wonder if we met....pm me if you want....

and it's highly enforced too. did they mention no food in the classroom?

Oh I remember you PharmDJH! I had my hair tied back, white collar shirt, black sweater vest, glasses. Although we didn't meet so maybe you don't remember me...

Yeah, some schools have the dress code, but not most. I'm never a sloppy dresser and it's not like I'm gonna go to school in my pajamas :) . I just don't see the harm in being able to wear jeans. Just seems like they should have a little more respect for their students as adults in a professional program to be able to dress neatly without having to impose that type of dress restriction. Just my two cents....

On a more important note, how do you think your interviews went? My interviewers were both very friendly and gave me a good impression of the school and program. They also made it more of a conversation than a formal interview which was nice b/c it made me less nervous.

Yea, the no food thing doesn't bother me. It's understandable being that most students have their laptops with them.

I agree with you on the interview part very friendly and very relaxed i liked both of my interviewiers alot. Sry don't remember ya tho it was like five guys to like 30 girls so girls i didn't really remember many of the faces.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I take it you didn't look at the windows and notice the water stains? It would of been a great building if they didn't find the lowest paid contractor based out of the Dominican Republic to do the construction:idea:

The second floor and the roof (if you know how to get there) is also a great spot for plane spotting with the Military air strip being less than a mile away from the school

NEVER eat at that sub shop next to the school. Trust me on this one.

And let's not forget that the 2nd floor also overlooks the ghetto so you're almost sure to see a drive by at least once during your time there.

Oh...and NEVER eat at that nasty sub shop next to the school. Trust me on this one.
yeah, the school cafeteria offers a much better fine dining experience....

and the school fitness center is great if you'd rather work out on your 2 hour lunch breaks. =)

I got in! But, I don't know what to do. I don't hate the school, but it's not my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice either. Should I pay the deposit just in case? It's my only acceptance so far. Still waiting to hear from UNC; have upcoming interviews at Wingate and UCSF. Haven't received interview requests anywhere else. What would you do? Please, I need advice :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
pay the deposit...500 bucks or 1000 bucks is a drop in the bucket to lose if you get in to one of your top three schools...however if you don't get in and don't pay the deposit, then you will be sorry...

MuraRX ya already got a letter already that's great congrats??? I was wondering if you could tell me your stats to compare them to mine still waiting for mine? oh about the deposit 500 is not that bad if i were you i would pay it to make it your safty school.THanks

Thanks! Yea, well not a letter, I got an email today. It said that I've been selected for admission for June 2007 and that I will be receiving an official letter in the mail. You guys are right; I might as well suck it up and pay the deposit. I'll be kicking myself later if I don't get in anywhere else.

PharmDJH, my PCAT composite is 80. GPA is 3.5. I have a B.A. in Bio and have been working in clinical research since graduating in 2005.

Where else have you applied by the way? Any other interviews?

awesome we have pretty much the same stats i have 3.5 and 82 on PCAT no degree tho and no pharm work i hope i get an email soon.

I applied to Nova did and interview with them last week,UF,LECOM,FAMU,Purdue,colorado,mecer nothing from the other places yet.

pay the deposit...500 bucks or 1000 bucks is a drop in the bucket to lose if you get in to one of your top three schools...however if you don't get in and don't pay the deposit, then you will be sorry...

Really, it's hard to focus on writing a good response while mario is banging the princess.

I got in! But, I don't know what to do. I don't hate the school, but it's not my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice either. Should I pay the deposit just in case? It's my only acceptance so far. Still waiting to hear from UNC; have upcoming interviews at Wingate and UCSF. Haven't received interview requests anywhere else. What would you do? Please, I need advice :confused:

Congrats on the acceptance! People I know that interviewed at UNC last year said it took a while for their responses. No school is a given so if you really want to be a pharmacist when you grow up, pay the deposit just in case. You never know, you may get accepted to your first choice and then realize that it's not your first choice anymore. :)

It's true; I don't want to be kicking myself later for turning them down over losing a few hundred bucks. What's it gonna matter once I'm in debt up to my eyeballs anyway right? :D

I interviewed at UNC on Jan. 12th and absolutely fell in love with the school. I know it's definitely my first choice. But I don't expect to hear anything from them for at least another month. South told us that we have to reply within 10 days of receiving an acceptance letter so there's no way I will hear from UNC before then. This entire application process has run me completely dry of cashflow by the way! I haven't gone shoe shopping in months! I never thought I could go that long! :rolleyes:

Mura? South university said at the interview that they would let us know reguardless if we are in or not by the end of this week right? Getting kind of nervous because i haven't heard anything yet!:(

umm, i'm not sure if they said we would know by this week. I remember the Dean saying that they still have interview sessions in February and they would make final decisions by March. Stay positive!:luck:

hi there i was at the interview on the 19th and i still sisnt hear from the school , is there anyone who have recived their mail

pharm11, you were at the interview on the 19th too! I was also, just wanted to check they did say they were going to let us know by the end of this week if we got in or not right?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how many people have been accepted to South as of yet? Also, is there a wait list at South?

As of 1.19.07 25 people have been accepted there is also a waitlist

How many people were at your interview session in January?

35, Do you have an up coming interview?

Yes, February 16th. Bit nervous, especially with 25 people out of the total 80 already accepted by your January interview.

I'll be there on the 16th as well. So far South is the only school that I have heard from- so I'm pretty nervous. Good luck and I'll see you there.

What are some of your stats like GPA and PCAT?

What are some of your stats like GPA and PCAT?

97 PCAT
3.5 overall GPA
3.2 science GPA
BA in Biology, 9 months as a pharm tech (7 years ago), 1.5 years as a veterinary assistant, 9 months as a research assistant in clinical research

I procrastinated and did not turn in my apps until end of November/early Dec- I think this is what will hurt my chances the most

Is south your top choice?

Is south your top choice?

I have not decided yet. I really like the fact that it is a 3 yr program in a place with much better weather than where I am at now (MN). I'm planning on spending 4 days in Savannah to get to know the city better.

pharmdjh. yes i was at the interview on the 01/19/07 and i just got a mail today and they said they defered my application and that they will still consider it till the end of their application cycle.

Pharm11 whats your stats like i go the same letter also

hi there my status is here
pcat 61
gpa-3.69
what about yours

I also got deferred (i interviewed in Nov).

87 PCAT
3.5 overall GPA
3.2 math/science
no degree yet, limited pharmacy shadowing experience

How many of yall have actually been accepted so far? I'm so excited for all of you!

MuraRX Congrats on your acceptance. i also have been accepted at South University, but I got accepted back in November. I paid the fee because i hadn't heard from or even seen any of the other schools. I think that the $500 is totally worth it, because i definitely have a school to go to. I also interviewed at UNC (on Jan. 17th) and I have an interview at UF (on March 9th). I would definitely advise you to pay the fee, it feels like a whole weight has been lifted off my shoulders.