Southern College of Optometry Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmadigan83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently admitted to SCO and a few other optometry schools. SCO may be my top choice, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about their rate of attrition, etc. What is the rate now? What has and has not changed over the past couple of years? I've read some old posts in this forum about one faculty member in particular failing students. It's the best school I was accepted to, but I'm a little nervous about the possibilty of being dismissed if what I've read is true.
Any info/advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

there's a posting in the optometry student you might want to check out

I was recently admitted to SCO and a few other optometry schools. SCO may be my top choice, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about their rate of attrition, etc. What is the rate now? What has and has not changed over the past couple of years? I've read some old posts in this forum about one faculty member in particular failing students. It's the best school I was accepted to, but I'm a little nervous about the possibilty of being dismissed if what I've read is true.
Any info/advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

I'm going there in the fall too! i wouldnt worry about it. Both the doctors I work for went there. One graduated recently and I was told as long as you study you will be fine. From what I've heard there are 3 tough teachers, but they also teach tough subjects...neuro, pharmacology. These subjects are tough regardless where you go. Their boards passing rate is a strong 98%. Hope to see ya in the fall!