You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Southwest Baptist DPT 2016
Started by Z6ne
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got a call 2 days ago from SBU stating they sent me an acceptance offer back in December and they just received the letter returned in the mail. She said I should've gotten a certified letter tag on my mailbox, but I didn't. So weird. I think the post office screwed up my mail because I never got a tag. We both thought it was very strange that the letter was sent to me in December, but returned to the school just 2 days ago. Where was the letter this whole time? Regardless, I'm going to a different school so I declined the offer. I'm not sure if they will offer the seat to somebody else or if they just assumed I declined the seat. If I would've gotten the letter in December, then it would've been my fallback school because the cost isn't bad. Good luck to all 

A lot of strange things happen during this application process. That letter was in limbo somewhere.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A lot of strange things happen during this application process. That letter was in limbo somewhere.
I know right. Where was it for 3 months? It's just odd to me. If I would've gotten the letter in December like I was supposed to, then things would've been different for me. But I also think it's odd that SBU never emailed me or called me until they received the returned letter. If they didn't hear anything from me for so long, they must've assumed I wasn't interested. What if really was interested in the school?
I feel like schools should call, email, & snail mail letters to applicants. Communicating through only one way isn't always reliable. The only school that has done phone, email, & snail mail for me is Chatham.
I dropped of my deposit for the school I'm going to in person because I didn't trust the mail but school is a little less than an hour away so it was no problem.
Me too and so did other people on the forum. I don't trust the mail or fax.
.
Last edited:
Thanks mccornasg09!congrats on Rockhurst bro.
.
Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything lately? I'm thinking about giving them a call tomorrow...
Geezzz... They seem to be taking forever...
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
Maybe you still have a chance of being moved to the waiting list. When is your class over? They have 80 seats to fill and people are still giving up their seats. Don't give up just yet.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, I see I didn't know that. Well I wish you the best of luck.
FOR RENT BOLIVAR, MISSOURI. HI, MY NAME IS AJ ELLIS. I OWN OR REPRESENT OVER 300,000 SQ.FT. OF LIVING AND WORK RENTAL SPACE IN AND AROUND BOLIVAR, MISSOURI, INCLUDING THE SINGLE LARGEST APARTMENT COMPLEX IN BOLIVAR, A FOUR BUILDING, THREE STORY COMPLEX OF 100, ONE, TWO, AND THREE BEDROOM APARTMENTS. VISIT MY WEBSITE LIVEBOLIVAR.COM TO SEE ALL AVAILABLE PROPERTIES. EMAIL, SKYPE, OR CALL ME AT 1-417-327-3911. I HAVE FOR RENT SINGLE FAMILY HOMES, TRIPLEXES, DUPLEXES, APARTMENTS, TRAILERS, AND OFFICE AND BUSINESS SPACE. SEE WHAT PROPERTIES ARE AVAILABLE UNDER THE PROPERTIES TAB. THERE IS VIDEO, SLIDESHOWS, FLOOR PLANS AND PRICES. IF YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AND I WILL CONTACT YOU. MY OFFICE HOURS ARE MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 9 - 5 AND SAT 9 - 12. WELCOME TO BOLIVAR.
AJ ELLIS
LIVEBOLIVAR.COM
OFFICE - SPRINGHILL FALLS APARTMENTS 1325 SOUTH LILLIAN AVE #212
BOLIVAR, MISSOURI 65613 1-417-327-3911
AJ ELLIS
LIVEBOLIVAR.COM
OFFICE - SPRINGHILL FALLS APARTMENTS 1325 SOUTH LILLIAN AVE #212
BOLIVAR, MISSOURI 65613 1-417-327-3911
Last edited:
FOR RENT BOLIVAR, MISSOURI. HI, MY NAME IS AJ ELLIS. I OWN OR REPRESENT OVER 300,000 SQ.FT. OF LIVING AND WORK RENTAL SPACE IN AND AROUND BOLIVAR, MISSOURI, INCLUDING THE SINGLE LARGEST APARTMENT COMPLEX IN BOLIVAR, A FOUR BUILDING, THREE STORY COMPLEX OF 100, ONE, TWO, AND THREE BEDROOM APARTMENTS. VISIT MY WEBSITE LIVEBOLIVAR.COM TO SEE ALL AVAILABLE PROPERTIES. EMAIL, SKYPE, OR CALL ME AT 1-417-327-3911. I HAVE FOR RENT SINGLE FAMILY HOMES, TRIPLEXES, DUPLEXES, APARTMENTS, TRAILERS, AND OFFICE AND BUSINESS SPACE. SEE WHAT PROPERTIES ARE AVAILABLE UNDER THE PROPERTIES TAB. THERE IS VIDEO, SLIDESHOWS, FLOOR PLANS AND PRICES. IF YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AND I WILL CONTACT YOU. MY OFFICE HOURS ARE MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 9 - 5 AND SAT 9 - 12. WELCOME TO BOLIVAR.
AJ ELLIS
LIVEBOLIVAR.COM
OFFICE - SPRINGHILL FALLS APARTMENTS 1325 SOUTH LILLIAN AVE #212
BOLIVAR, MISSOURI 65613 1-417-327-3911
AJ ELLIS
LIVEBOLIVAR.COM
OFFICE - SPRINGHILL FALLS APARTMENTS 1325 SOUTH LILLIAN AVE #212
BOLIVAR, MISSOURI 65613 1-417-327-3911
I am on the waitlist, still waiting to hear back from SBU... has anyone heard anything recently?
Never heard of that before... I assume as long as you've taken both classes you should be good.
Joe
Joe
I'm interested in SBU and I saw that on PTCAS it says Chem 1 and Chem 2 must be taken in sequence? Since I waited about a year after chem 1 to take chem 2, is that gonna hurt me?
No, it's not going to hurt you. Sequence just means that it's a continuation of the first semester. Your Chem 2 class should have required Chem 1 as a prerequisite.
Sorry to sound like a broken record but is anyone still on the wait list for this school. I am and I haven't heard anything since late April 🙁 I am waiting on this and one other school to get back to me. All others have rejected me so I'm kind of nervous.
Jason: By the way it is difficult to get in if you haven't completed pre reqs. They automatically deny or wait list you from what I was told.
Jason: By the way it is difficult to get in if you haven't completed pre reqs. They automatically deny or wait list you from what I was told.
For those of you that were accepted to SBU, do you think it will hurt me to turn in my PTCAS application with one outstanding pre req? I'm taking it this summer and I can't decide if I should wait to apply after the grade is on my transcript (mid August) or just apply as soon as PTCAS opens and then do the academic update in December.
.
Last edited:
I never got accepted from the waitlist so I guess its time to reapply to SBU 🙂
Actually they just called and accepted me the next day!!! 😀
Hi Brighter Future, I'm hoping to apply to Southwest Baptist University, can you tell my ur stats at the time of acceptance? According to PTCAS I am just under their pre-req gpa req 🙁
If anyone already got in and is looking for housing please message me, and for those that are still wait-listed don't give up. They still accept people up until orientation.
Sincerely,
SBU DPT '16
Sincerely,
SBU DPT '16
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad