Spanish OB/Gyn resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nuromi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear collegues,
This is a Spanish Ob/Gyn resident who is in her last year of residence, and I amb looking for some fellowship, project or some exchange program that I could do in the US when I will finish my residence (aprox in one year). Does anyone know something? I have been looking for some options, but I really think I am not able to do them as I haven't done my training in the US.
Thank you very much for your help

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to do clinical work in the US you will unfortunately have to repeat residency here.

As mentioned above, any further graduate medical education (e.g. fellowship training) will require passage of the requisite US medical examinations (USMLE, CSA, TOEFL), ECFMG certification, and completion of an accredited residency program.

However; you can always complete a research fellowship or laboratory work without any further training in the states. I would suggest looking at folks involved in research you have an interest in, contacting them regarding the availability of research positions, or better yet discussing this with researchers at your home institution as they may have colleagues in the states.

Best of luck!