Special Master's Programs, please advise!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inretrospect

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently a senior graduating in May looking to apply for some special master's programs. I have a cGPA 3.44 and sGPA 3.3; waiting to take my MCAT this March (expected score around 33). I'm hoping to eventually go into an MD school. have done research for 2.5 yrs; lots of volunteer work; leader of a couple of student orgs; a bit of job-shadowing experience.

A few SMPs interest me, but I'm not sure what my chances of getting in are and also what are the "better" ones. What have you heard from other people about them? Or better yet, have you gone through it yourself?

My list includes:
Tufts
Bosten U
Georgetown
Rosalind Franklin
Mount Sinai
Virginia CommonWealth
Eastern Virgina Medical School
Drexel

Any help would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a senior graduating in May looking to apply for some special master's programs. I have a cGPA 3.44 and sGPA 3.3; waiting to take my MCAT this March (expected score around 33). I'm hoping to eventually go into an MD school. have done research for 2.5 yrs; lots of volunteer work; leader of a couple of student orgs; a bit of job-shadowing experience.

A few SMPs interest me, but I'm not sure what my chances of getting in are and also what are the "better" ones. What have you heard from other people about them? Or better yet, have you gone through it yourself?

My list includes:
Tufts
Bosten U
Georgetown
Rosalind Franklin
Mount Sinai
Virginia CommonWealth
Eastern Virgina Medical School
Drexel

Any help would be much appreciated!
Hey, there's actually a sub forum for post bac programs on the main forum page. Just scroll down a bunch, you'll surely be able to find some help there. Best of luck.

Hey, there's actually a sub forum for post bac programs on the main forum page. Just scroll down a bunch, you'll surely be able to find some help there. Best of luck.

I see it now (I'm so new to SDN). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI: The Sinai program requires a 3.5 undergrad GPA in order to be considered for an interview, so that might not be your best option. Hopefully if your MCAT is high enough you won't need an SMP.

FYI: The Sinai program requires a 3.5 undergrad GPA in order to be considered for an interview, so that might not be your best option. Hopefully if your MCAT is high enough you won't need an SMP.

Ohh thanks for heads up!