Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a new manager at my dream store within a grocery store chain. We do about 800 a week and are growing at about a 10% rate. The managers before me were not the most business savvy individuals and have set a precedent in special ordering Ndc's for patients. The patient base is very friendly but some of them are very particular on what brand they get. For example we have 7 ndc's on the shelf for amphetamine salts 30mg!!! I think it is getting out of control and some prescriptions we are taking big losses on just to appease the patient. I'm little worried about causing too many waves and losing loyal customers, but I feel like we need to cut down on our inventory costs and could improve our margins just carried our preferred manufacture. Any guidance on the best way to approach this situation would be appreciated! Also another component to this situation is, my lead tech that has been there along time has this concept engrained in her and just views it as providing excellent customer service. Should I keep the peace or make wholesale changes starting the first of the year?