May 9, 2010
Status
Dentist
As an incoming active duty dentist back in 2012, I signed up under the new special pay system for general dentists. I started the 63B program this year and will not be able to qualify for the special pay when I graduate because it is currently only for 63A. I took a gamble because they gave me a choice of pay systems at the time and thought that there would be no way it would take that long to make a new pay plan for everyon else. When I graduate in 2015 if they haven't implemented the new pay system for 63B I will be stuck without special pay. Does anyone have any new info about when they plan on starting the new system for 63B's?

Tiankum

7+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2010
Status
Dentist
I was told that the special pay system would be in place when I complete the 63B in 2016….hopefully they're right. They also told me that you qualify for the special pay system as a 63A while undergoing the 63B training…is that true?

AirborneDentist

7+ Year Member
May 15, 2009
Ft. Huachuca, AZ
Status
Dentist
Check with your S1, you should be able to go back and do the DASP and VSP now....I am not 100% on this....I can check...but I would talk to them if I were you..