Specialist Licensure without clinical exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Drtrigeminal

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know a list of states that give Specialist Licences without requiring a general clinical exam (eg WREB, CREDT, etc). I know NY is now licencing specialists this way any other states?

Thanks
 
I know that there are a few states that will let you get licensed w/o a clinical exam provided you're a diplomat of your specialty organization. Off the top of my head though, I can't remember which they are but Nevada and Arizona come to mind. Your best bet is to call the board of dentistry in the state you're interested in and ask them.