Specific CEU requirements in your State?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
My Connecticut license is up for renewal ($570 every year!). They require 10 hours CEUs, which is no big deal. However, 2 of these must be related to veteran issues. Any specific CEU mandates in your states?

Members don't see this ad.

California is 36 CEs every 2 years. If you supervise you need 6 CEs in supervision every 2 calendar years (which may be different from your renewal cycle). There needs to be some type of ethics each renewal but it doesn’t have to be CEs. There’s also a new mandate of a one time requirement for 6CEs in SI training.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wyoming: 30 hours of CEUs every 48 months. No requirements on topics or where CEU is held (in person vs. online). Only 10 must be APA-approved (kind of odd...). Renewal is only $200/year.

Edit: CEUs are due every 24 months, but can be backdated up to 48 months.

Last edited:
I review a lot of things for forensic work, including what the state requirements are. Some of my favorite requirements for CE stuff for initial applications:

1) Native Peoples of the American Southwest
2) Opiates
3) HIV

Florida (I don't live there anymore but am still licensed there, thanks to the VA for letting me be licensed in any state!) requires a certain amount of hours on preventing medical errors.

Reactions: 1 user
40 hours every 2 years. 3 have to be in ethics and another 3 in diversity. I believe those have to be done in person too. Only 20 hours can be done online or as independent study.

CEs, not CEUs. CEs are required for psychologists.

Vermont is 60 hours every two years, 6 must be in ethics and they have some rules about how many credits can be obtained from large group activities (i.e., grand rounds, etc.). Renewal is $150