Specific gpa question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschooldream

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

First off I'd just like to say Hi, I've lurked around this forum for probably a good year now and have learned tons of valuable information. I would say that I'm pretty well informed in terms of what goes on AMCAS. I have not, however, found ANY information about the Project Lead The Way courses. When I was in high school I took 5 of these classes (starting in 9th grade). Let me give you all a little background about these...they are just normal high school classes (taught in the high school classrooms) but at the end instead of a final you take a test that can potentially gain you college credit. AMCAS says that any class taken for credit needs to be counted. While I did gain credit, does it seem right that it wasn't really an official class? I got a C and a B on two of the exams and therefore a C and B in the course. I'm a bit disappointed that this will probably need to be counted in my AMCAS gpa.:(

It says here that if I send the transcript to another university that the grade will not transfer but will AMCAS see that anyways and count it??

http://www.rit.edu/emcs/pltw/teachers_undergraduatecredit.php

This has really been bugging me for a while. If anybody knows anything about Project lead the way classes or whatnot please share here.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you count it in your total college credit and GPA? As in, does it appear on your college transcripts? For my AP classes, they were all counted as pass/nopass transfer credits.

I don't know for sure, but it's probably similar to AP credit. For me, that was added to my college transcripts automatically.

Bumping this old thread because I have a similar question. I did a project lead the way course (a high school course) and took an exam at the end. My score on the exam was high enough to give me credit for a nearby college, which I got. Do I have to include this on my AMCAS? I read the AMCAS instruction manual and my thinking is no because 1) I was never actually enrolled at that institution 2) I never actually attended the school/was enrolled in a course there. I got 3 credits at the school, but they are not for any sort of course equivalent or anything.