spinoff - anyone definitely NOT the typical premed (ie social, partier)

Started by yellowbird
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowbird

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering, does anyone else not fit into the stereotypical premed image at all? People are ALWAYS extremely surprised to learn my major and my intent after undergrad.

I guess it's because I party a LOT. I mean, I study a lot during the week, but I'm definitely one to blow it off if something more fun comes up. 🙄 Sometimes I feel like I'm living a double life. Pre-med and sorority girl :laugh:
 
i give off the impression that im some sort of an asian gangster even though i'm top of my class. lol what does that make me? atypical asian?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering, does anyone else not fit into the stereotypical premed image at all? People are ALWAYS extremely surprised to learn my major and my intent after undergrad.

I guess it's because I party a LOT. I mean, I study a lot during the week, but I'm definitely one to blow it off if something more fun comes up. 🙄 Sometimes I feel like I'm living a double life. Pre-med and sorority girl :laugh:

we have those.
 
Just wondering, does anyone else not fit into the stereotypical premed image at all? People are ALWAYS extremely surprised to learn my major and my intent after undergrad.

I guess it's because I party a LOT. I mean, I study a lot during the week, but I'm definitely one to blow it off if something more fun comes up. 🙄 Sometimes I feel like I'm living a double life. Pre-med and sorority girl :laugh:

in all my interviews, i try to be on my best behavior. but when i find out if someone is Greek, then i instantly click with him/her. and so far, i've given myself an extra night at each city that i've interviewed in to get a "feel" for the area. but that just really means getting drunk at a bar or party.

yes i love livin the hollywood life back at home.
 
Unfortunately there are a lack of pre-med females like the OP at my school. However, I am the study hard, party harder pre-med. I'm very social and use that to my advantage a lot. However, I do know of one other pre-med similar to me. He is on the baseball team and is very intelligent. The other pre-meds are mainly losers and unattractive geeky kids. The ones who aren't complete losers are still pretty weird and are really dumb. Like they party, but they don't study, they don't care for med-school and it's just impending doom when they actually go to apply to medical schools. It's funny when you meet a ditsy pre-med girl talking about med-school flaunting her 27 on the MCAT, even the ugly pre-meds who you would assume would be studious usually have a 26-28 MCAT score and you just sigh when talking to them. Granted, you shouldn't judge someone on their MCAT score, but you meet these people and they study all day which affects their social skills, and don't even put up the scores to show for their studying. Ugh where are the cool intelligent people hiding?
 
my goal is to keep it balanced, study hard, party hard...was in a sorority freshman year. much more social than your typical premed who can only talk about school since thats all the know about
 
There's definitely a spectrum. Some people you can tell they want to be premed from the moment you see them... err, "meet" them?
I would suspect many (most?) here on SDN are probably also not really how they act in the "real world" when they're here on SDN. This is a forum specifically for people going into medicine (or other health professions), so people show a different side of themselves.

I sure hope this is no one's main social outlet! <--- 😱

As for me, I generally study the amount it takes to get my A and then move on with life -- no reason to study more than a few (5-10) hours each week. I also try and get out with a group of friends just about every night and am a part of a number of social clubs and so forth (religious, various outdoor activities, academic, cultural, fun, etc.). I'd say my slogan would "everything in moderation... and then the rest goes to a good time!"
 
Last edited:
You pretty much just described me and 5+ of my closest girlfriends (though we're not all Greek). I guess it's not that uncommon in my school.

We all go out usually Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights, and in the fall, tailgate then go to the game on Saturdays. Then just work our butts off the rest of the time. (Unless it's a week with 2+ exams or something).

We all look more like your stereotypical sorority girl than your stereotypical pre-med too. But then again my school has a reputation for having very attractive females. People are always shocked to find out any of us are headed off to med school.

And for what it's worth, the people I'm talking about are all seniors, and I think the worst MCAT score among the group was 32, and the worst GPA is like 3.8ish.

Hopefully finding balanced, real people with interests outside medicine won't be too hard at whatever school I end up attending. 🙂
 
Unfortunately there are a lack of pre-med females like the OP at my school. However, I am the study hard, party harder pre-med. I'm very social and use that to my advantage a lot. However, I do know of one other pre-med similar to me. He is on the baseball team and is very intelligent. The other pre-meds are mainly losers and unattractive geeky kids. The ones who aren't complete losers are still pretty weird and are really dumb. Like they party, but they don't study, they don't care for med-school and it's just impending doom when they actually go to apply to medical schools. It's funny when you meet a ditsy pre-med girl talking about med-school flaunting her 27 on the MCAT, even the ugly pre-meds who you would assume would be studious usually have a 26-28 MCAT score and you just sigh when talking to them. Granted, you shouldn't judge someone on their MCAT score, but you meet these people and they study all day which affects their social skills, and don't even put up the scores to show for their studying. Ugh where are the cool intelligent people hiding?

You make a lot of inflammatory remarks in your post here. It says a lot about you.

We had a lot of pre-meds like the OP at ASU. Many of them ended up going into other areas after O-chem though.
 
Unfortunately there are a lack of pre-med females like the OP at my school. However, I am the study hard, party harder pre-med. I'm very social and use that to my advantage a lot. However, I do know of one other pre-med similar to me. He is on the baseball team and is very intelligent. The other pre-meds are mainly losers and unattractive geeky kids. The ones who aren't complete losers are still pretty weird and are really dumb. Like they party, but they don't study, they don't care for med-school and it's just impending doom when they actually go to apply to medical schools. It's funny when you meet a ditsy pre-med girl talking about med-school flaunting her 27 on the MCAT, even the ugly pre-meds who you would assume would be studious usually have a 26-28 MCAT score and you just sigh when talking to them. Granted, you shouldn't judge someone on their MCAT score, but you meet these people and they study all day which affects their social skills, and don't even put up the scores to show for their studying. Ugh where are the cool intelligent people hiding?

haha this is funny because this is your view of all the premeds around you and we can all put together that their view of you is probably the same as ours...a douchebag
 
Unfortunately there are a lack of pre-med females like the OP at my school. However, I am the study hard, party harder pre-med. I'm very social and use that to my advantage a lot. However, I do know of one other pre-med similar to me. He is on the baseball team and is very intelligent. The other pre-meds are mainly losers and unattractive geeky kids. The ones who aren't complete losers are still pretty weird and are really dumb. Like they party, but they don't study, they don't care for med-school and it's just impending doom when they actually go to apply to medical schools. It's funny when you meet a ditsy pre-med girl talking about med-school flaunting her 27 on the MCAT, even the ugly pre-meds who you would assume would be studious usually have a 26-28 MCAT score and you just sigh when talking to them. Granted, you shouldn't judge someone on their MCAT score, but you meet these people and they study all day which affects their social skills, and don't even put up the scores to show for their studying. Ugh where are the cool intelligent people hiding?

You sound like an ******* when you talk like that. Its not too hard to tell you're stroking your ego
 
haha this is funny because this is your view of all the premeds around you and we can all put together that their view of you is probably the same as ours...a douchebag

You sound like an ******* when you talk like that. Its not too hard to tell you're stroking your ego

easy, gentlemen. this one is not worth getting worked up over. my theory is we have a somewhat surreptitious troll on our hands.
 
Unfortunately there are a lack of pre-med females like the OP at my school. However, I am the study hard, party harder pre-med. I'm very social and use that to my advantage a lot. However, I do know of one other pre-med similar to me. He is on the baseball team and is very intelligent. The other pre-meds are mainly losers and unattractive geeky kids. The ones who aren't complete losers are still pretty weird and are really dumb. Like they party, but they don't study, they don't care for med-school and it's just impending doom when they actually go to apply to medical schools. It's funny when you meet a ditsy pre-med girl talking about med-school flaunting her 27 on the MCAT, even the ugly pre-meds who you would assume would be studious usually have a 26-28 MCAT score and you just sigh when talking to them. Granted, you shouldn't judge someone on their MCAT score, but you meet these people and they study all day which affects their social skills, and don't even put up the scores to show for their studying. Ugh where are the cool intelligent people hiding?

Where's bleargh when I need him to refer to his own avatar?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately there are a lack of pre-med females like the OP at my school. However, I am the study hard, party harder pre-med. I'm very social and use that to my advantage a lot. However, I do know of one other pre-med similar to me. He is on the baseball team and is very intelligent. The other pre-meds are mainly losers and unattractive geeky kids. The ones who aren't complete losers are still pretty weird and are really dumb. Like they party, but they don't study, they don't care for med-school and it's just impending doom when they actually go to apply to medical schools. It's funny when you meet a ditsy pre-med girl talking about med-school flaunting her 27 on the MCAT, even the ugly pre-meds who you would assume would be studious usually have a 26-28 MCAT score and you just sigh when talking to them. Granted, you shouldn't judge someone on their MCAT score, but you meet these people and they study all day which affects their social skills, and don't even put up the scores to show for their studying. Ugh where are the cool intelligent people hiding?

For someone that's so quick to call others idiots, awkward, and ugly... aren't you the self-proclaimed fundamentalist Christian who denies science and evolution?
 
in all my interviews, i try to be on my best behavior. but when i find out if someone is Greek, then i instantly click with him/her. and so far, i've given myself an extra night at each city that i've interviewed in to get a "feel" for the area. but that just really means getting drunk at a bar or party.

yes i love livin the hollywood life back at home.

if you are using student host, that's not an appropriate request. You shouldn't take more than one night of their time.
 
Does OP want us all to admire her for how popular and pretty she is? This sounds like a pathetic attempt at backhanded self-flattery.
 
I try to stay balanced. Work really hard when necessary but when I know I have time and will still be okay I party a lot and have fun with all of my friends and go rage at some clubs, etc.

Life, to me, is not meant only for working, studying, and trying to outdo every person and constantly preparing for my future. Yes it is important, but who wants to go through life ONLY doing that when we will all bed dead in a few decades anyways. Not worth it.
 
i dont know if u read one of the recent threads...

completely opposite.. the guy asked y most pre-meds were so social.. he was correct...

you on the other hand think most pre-meds are not social.. well the truth is they are very social... the nerdy pre-med is the just a stereotype rep'ing like 20% of pre-med pop
 
OP what area code are you reppin so I can add it to my 'to do' list?

[youtube]MtCM4shOYYM[/youtube]
 
You make a lot of inflammatory remarks in your post here. It says a lot about you.

Sorry, I try to call like it is.

haha this is funny because this is your view of all the premeds around you and we can all put together that their view of you is probably the same as ours...a douchebag

That is quite the assumption. Are all the pre-meds at your school perfect, intelligent, and sociable? If this is the case then you are lucky, congratulations I wish I was you.

You sound like an ******* when you talk like that. Its not too hard to tell you're stroking your ego

Yes my ego, I'm perfect, I'm not just an average pre-med guy who wants more people to fraternize with.


Where's bleargh when I need him to refer to his own avatar?

Probably doing something useful with his time. Maybe working on his gpa?

For someone that's so quick to call others idiots, awkward, and ugly... aren't you the self-proclaimed fundamentalist Christian who denies science and evolution?

So because I am a Christian I cannot have any sort of view on the people around me? There are absolutely no idiot pre-meds at your school? There are no awkward pre-meds? And no ugly pre-meds? Really? Well as a Christian I view lying as a sin and I try not to do it often.

You guys don't believe me, make a trip up to my school and I'll show you. If any of you are applying to my school next cycle, P.M. me, I'll introduce you to the pre-meds at my school And if I'm a douchebag for calling them out thats fine with me. When I find some cool pre-meds at my school to hang out with I'll take back my post.
 
i dont know if u read one of the recent threads...

completely opposite.. the guy asked y most pre-meds were so social.. he was correct...

you on the other hand think most pre-meds are not social.. well the truth is they are very social... the nerdy pre-med is the just a stereotype rep'ing like 20% of pre-med pop

Agreed. When I first saw this thread, I thought the OP was referring to the typical premed as being the partier. The vast majority of premeds and med students that I know have been huge partiers.

One thing that will come up in your studies (if it hasn't already) is that professionals have a much higher rate of alcohol and substance use, which would suggest that premeds, medical students, and doctors party more than other factions of society.
 
I've met pre-meds who encompass a very wide range of sociability. I don't see why there's a need to generalize all pre-meds into some category.
 
I've met pre-meds who encompass a very wide range of sociability. I don't see why there's a need to generalize all pre-meds into some category.

It seems like it depends on demographic. Apparently the OP goes to a school where the pre-meds seem to be more studious and non-sociable. The student that mentioned ASU seems as though many of the students are very social, but not very studious.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems like it depends on demographic. Apparently the OP goes to a school where the pre-meds seem to be more studious and non-sociable. The student that mentioned ASU seems as though many of the students are very social, but not very studious.

No, I just said that the hot sorority girl pre-meds tended to be that way (though certainly not all of them). It wasn't a matter of intelligence so much as priorities. Greek life/social life can take up a huge amount of time if you want it to. Ultimately, pre-med is as much about discipline and putting in the time as it is sheer brilliance.
 
No, I just said that the hot sorority girl pre-meds tended to be that way (though certainly not all of them).

That is fair. And very fortunate for you because you get to take classes with a diverse range of people. I have yet to meet a girl in a sorority who also happens to be pre-med. I'm not saying none exist, I'm just saying that I haven't met them yet, and I've met my fair share of sorority girls. Again, you are lucky to be at ASU a completely different type of school than mine.

You edited your post just now. One more time, I assume what exists on my school based on what I have seen. Based on my experiences and observations my schools pre-med department is lacking, this is from having gone to pre-medical society meetings, been at a diverse range of parties, and just from trying to socialize with those in my classes. It is not fair to assume, especially because I do go to a commuter school where everyone sprints to their cars after class and heads home. But the typical pre-med I have encountered does not seem to be the partyer type and where I have met the most pre-medical students is in the Library.
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately there are a lack of pre-med females like the OP at my school. However, I am the study hard, party harder pre-med. I'm very social and use that to my advantage a lot. However, I do know of one other pre-med similar to me. He is on the baseball team and is very intelligent. The other pre-meds are mainly losers and unattractive geeky kids. The ones who aren't complete losers are still pretty weird and are really dumb. Like they party, but they don't study, they don't care for med-school and it's just impending doom when they actually go to apply to medical schools. It's funny when you meet a ditsy pre-med girl talking about med-school flaunting her 27 on the MCAT, even the ugly pre-meds who you would assume would be studious usually have a 26-28 MCAT score and you just sigh when talking to them. Granted, you shouldn't judge someone on their MCAT score, but you meet these people and they study all day which affects their social skills, and don't even put up the scores to show for their studying. Ugh where are the cool intelligent people hiding?

funny to read all your talk about Christianity in that evolution thread and then this.

Too bad everyone can't be like you. Then the world would be super cool!👍

Why is it that the strong feel they should ridicule the weak?

I'm glad you at least talk to the "ugly pre-meds" instead of spitting on them or something like that. Your grace abounds!

You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you
You're so vain
I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't you?
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately there are a lack of pre-med females like the OP at my school. However, I am the study hard, party harder pre-med. I'm very social and use that to my advantage a lot. However, I do know of one other pre-med similar to me. He is on the baseball team and is very intelligent. The other pre-meds are mainly losers and unattractive geeky kids. The ones who aren't complete losers are still pretty weird and are really dumb. Like they party, but they don't study, they don't care for med-school and it's just impending doom when they actually go to apply to medical schools. It's funny when you meet a ditsy pre-med girl talking about med-school flaunting her 27 on the MCAT, even the ugly pre-meds who you would assume would be studious usually have a 26-28 MCAT score and you just sigh when talking to them. Granted, you shouldn't judge someone on their MCAT score, but you meet these people and they study all day which affects their social skills, and don't even put up the scores to show for their studying. Ugh where are the cool intelligent people hiding?


Where's bleargh when I need him to refer to his own avatar?
ditto

picard-facepalm2.jpg
 
funny to read all your talk about Christianity in that evolution thread and then this.

Too bad everyone can't be like you. Then the world would be super cool!👍

Why is it that the strong feel they should ridicule the weak?

...it wouldn't have anything to do with evolution, would it?
 
That is fair. And very fortunate for you because you get to take classes with a diverse range of people. I have yet to meet a girl in a sorority who also happens to be pre-med. I'm not saying none exist, I'm just saying that I haven't met them yet, and I've met my fair share of sorority girls. Again, you are lucky to be at ASU a completely different type of school than mine.

You are probably reaching the point where most of them (like many freshmen/sophomores) choose non-premed majors instead of continuing pre-med. I went to ASU btw, I don't go there. It was fun though.
 
funny to read all your talk about Christianity in that evolution thread and then this.

Too bad everyone can't be like you. Then the world would be super cool!👍

Why is it that the strong feel they should ridicule the weak?

I'm glad you at least talk to the "ugly pre-meds" instead of spitting on them or something like that. Your grace abounds!

Why thank you. Yes I am so wrong for stating my experiences and observations. I'm sorry that what I have seen at my school is so wrong to you. I'm sorry that you feel my Christianity is something you have to attack every opportunity you get. Because I'm a Christian I can't do anything, I should just sit at home and read my Bible all day right?


mmm, sexi

You are probably reaching the point where most of them (like many freshmen/sophomores) choose non-premed majors instead of continuing pre-med. I went to ASU btw, I don't go there. It was fun though.

The problem is that most of them have already taken their MCAT and fail to realize that their scores are mediocre. There's no striving for better. I mentioned the lower scores, and that has nothing to do with who they are as a person, but it's just depressing because there are very few people to look up to and to be influenced by. There's very little inspiration and motivation for excellence at my school at least in the overall student body. Again, this is from my experience at my school.
 
So because I am a Christian I cannot have any sort of view on the people around me? There are absolutely no idiot pre-meds at your school? There are no awkward pre-meds? And no ugly pre-meds? Really? Well as a Christian I view lying as a sin and I try not to do it often.

You guys don't believe me, make a trip up to my school and I'll show you. If any of you are applying to my school next cycle, P.M. me, I'll introduce you to the pre-meds at my school And if I'm a douchebag for calling them out thats fine with me. When I find some cool pre-meds at my school to hang out with I'll take back my post.

Last time I checked I don't remember Christ putting up with all the "idiots", "ugly", "awkward", people in the world.

It is good that you view lying as immoral, you know what else isn't becoming? Acting and thinking that you are better than others. The fact that you are defending your stance just shows your ignorance/arrogance.

You are calling people out for not being perfect, guess what, you aren't perfect. People have flaws, you will run into people that are weak and stupid. It is not your job to point out that they are weak or stupid or whatever. Your proclamation of your religion only makes it look sour and disgusting to everyone who hears you speak.

You're a douchebag because you honestly believe that pointing out people's flaws that are weaker than you is a good thing. I would probably slap you silly if I saw you speak like this around these people. Shameful.
 
Why thank you. Yes I am so wrong for stating my experiences and observations. I'm sorry that what I have seen at my school is so wrong to you. I'm sorry that you feel my Christianity is something you have to attack every opportunity you get. Because I'm a Christian I can't do anything, I should just sit at home and read my Bible all day right?



mmm, sexi



The problem is that most of them have already taken their MCAT and fail to realize that their scores are mediocre. There's no striving for better. I mentioned the lower scores, and that has nothing to do with who they are as a person, but it's just depressing because there are very few people to look up to and to be influenced by. There's very little inspiration and motivation for excellence at my school at least in the overall student body. Again, this is from my experience at my school.

Which OU do you go to now?
 
Why thank you. Yes I am so wrong for stating my experiences and observations. I'm sorry that what I have seen at my school is so wrong to you. I'm sorry that you feel my Christianity is something you have to attack every opportunity you get. Because I'm a Christian I can't do anything, I should just sit at home and read my Bible all day right?

dude, it's not christianity in general that's being mocked. it's that you're a BAD CHRISTIAN.

second, if i were you i would not belittle other people's above-average MCAT scores before you have yours in hand. and even then it's in poor taste.
 
Why thank you. Yes I am so wrong for stating my experiences and observations. I'm sorry that what I have seen at my school is so wrong to you. I'm sorry that you feel my Christianity is something you have to attack every opportunity you get. Because I'm a Christian I can't do anything, I should just sit at home and read my Bible all day right?

No one has a problem with you speaking your mind.

The problem is the arrogance and vanity that shines so brilliantly when you speak it.
 
So because I am a Christian I cannot have any sort of view on the people around me? There are absolutely no idiot pre-meds at your school? There are no awkward pre-meds? And no ugly pre-meds? Really? Well as a Christian I view lying as a sin and I try not to do it often.

And the rest of posters on this thread seem to view judging others for internal traits such as beauty and social cognition as morally reprehensible, as well; I think the Bible has something to say about that.

There's a difference between mincing words and lying; it would do you well to learn that difference instead of excusing brutal honesty with "fear of sin."
 
dude, it's not christianity in general that's being mocked. it's that you're a BAD CHRISTIAN.

second, if i were you i would not belittle other people's above-average MCAT scores before you have yours in hand. and even then it's in poor taste.

Agreed 100%.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why thank you. Yes I am so wrong for stating my experiences and observations. I'm sorry that what I have seen at my school is so wrong to you. I'm sorry that you feel my Christianity is something you have to attack every opportunity you get. Because I'm a Christian I can't do anything, I should just sit at home and read my Bible all day right?

Strawman argument. Your religion is not what is being questioned; it's your attitude and belief as to what your religion sanctions that is being called into question.
 
Last time I checked I don't remember Christ putting up with all the "idiots", "ugly", "awkward", people in the world.

It is good that you view lying as immoral, you know what else isn't becoming? Acting and thinking that you are better than others. The fact that you are defending your stance just shows your ignorance/arrogance.

You are calling people out for not being perfect, guess what, you aren't perfect. People have flaws, you will run into people that are weak and stupid. It is not your job to point out that they are weak or stupid or whatever. Your proclamation of your religion only makes it look sour and disgusting to everyone who hears you speak.

You're a douchebag because you honestly believe that pointing out people's flaws that are weaker than you is a good thing. I would probably slap you silly if I saw you speak like this around these people. Shameful.

It's not the people's flaws. That is what you are failing to recognize, it's the people that have nothing in common with me other than major.

dude, it's not christianity in general that's being mocked. it's that you're a BAD CHRISTIAN.

second, if i were you i would not belittle other people's above-average MCAT scores before you have yours in hand. and even then it's in poor taste.

Okay I'm a BAD Christian. That is fine because Christ will forgive me for that. I have not taken the MCAT yet. I have taken a couple free practice exams and know where I stand right now without having finished my pre-reqs. I know for a fact that I would re-take the MCAT if I scored lower than I found feasible. I don't think settling for mediocrity is a good personality trait and I personally try to strive for excellence (obviously not in my Christian walk according to you, and curiosity who made you the church inquisition that would be able to judge me on my faith?). This difference in personality is what I am complaining about. I have visited other schools in my state and the students are competitive and fierce, cut-throat about grades, yet sociable and chill to party with. None @ my school though. That is what I was saying, sorry if I came off as a douchebag, maybe I am a douchebag, maybe I want some douchebags to hang with.
 
Okay I'm a BAD Christian. That is fine because Christ will forgive me for that. I have not taken the MCAT yet. I have taken a couple free practice exams and know where I stand right now without having finished my pre-reqs. I know for a fact that I would re-take the MCAT if I scored lower than I found feasible. I don't think settling for mediocrity is a good personality trait and I personally try to strive for excellence (obviously not in my Christian walk according to you, and curiosity who made you the church inquisition that would be able to judge me on my faith?). This difference in personality is what I am complaining about. I have visited other schools in my state and the students are competitive and fierce, cut-throat about grades, yet sociable and chill to party with. None @ my school though. That is what I was saying, sorry if I came off as a douchebag, maybe I am a douchebag, maybe I want some douchebags to hang with.
i'm quite catholic. it's my job to judge your attempts at christianity.

also, christ may forgive murder. doesn't make murder ok. you know what i am saying?
 
It seems like it depends on demographic. Apparently the OP goes to a school where the pre-meds seem to be more studious and non-sociable. The student that mentioned ASU seems as though many of the students are very social, but not very studious.

Or outlook. I know a lot of people who go to Oakland, and I can say confidently that it was a more attractive subset of my hs class than that which came to u of m with me, so I have a hard time believing everyone is so ugly. And if you find no one physically attractive, who cares. God forbid ugly people go about ruining your world. And it's great that you're so smart that you can call down the idiots from your ivory tower. And yes, I think your status as a devout Christian is relevant here. "Judge not lest ye be judged yourself." Now where did I read that? Oh, that's right... the bible! (yes, I understand this does not disclude christians from judging on pious grounds, but it's no sin to be physically unattractive or unintelligent) I could be way wrong about this though because I'm not religious at all. Just some agnostic guy who likes to read (and the bible being the most popular book ever... I figured it was worth a read).

The world would be a much better place if everyone ignored the superficial things which are out of their power.
 
i'm quite catholic. it's my job to judge your attempts at christianity.

also, christ may forgive murder. doesn't make murder ok. you know what i am saying?

But you don't put the murderer in a court of law based on their religious beliefs nor based on your religious beliefs. If you think I'm being a bad Christian that should have nothing to do with how you view me as a person and has no reason being brought up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.