[SPOILER] AAMC FL4 C/P Q56? Explain like I'm 5 please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

soundofwonder

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4gwfejyks4951.png
 
I suggest you to first watch Khan Academy videos on conductors and insulators. I hope it's clear that A & D are wrong because bound electrons cannot escape from the atom, unless there's an energy input. Then, the answer is B because free electrons of a conductor move on its surface rather than its interior. An example would be rubbing a balloon surface against your hair because baloon acts as a conductor and steals electrons from your hair, becoming partially negative while the hait become partially positive. This results in the hair sticking to the surface of the balloon.