Sports medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

feet89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in specializing in sports medicine. Which of the schools is strongest in the field of sports medicine?

Members don't see this ad.

I am interested in specializing in sports medicine. Which of the schools is strongest in the field of sports medicine?

United States School of Sports Medicine (USSSM) :thumbup:

Thanks for your reply. I wanted to know which ones of the nine podiatry schools have the best sports medicine programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your reply. I wanted to know which ones of the nine podiatry schools have the best sports medicine programs.

Then you definitely want to attend United States Podiatric School of Sports Medicine (USPSSM) :thumbup:

There is no single school that will prepare you for a sports medicine speciality. Your residency and fellowship will be what gives you the most experience for a sports medicine speciality.

With that said, i think that barry is the only school that has a class on sports medicine and one of their professors is also a team podiatrist for the miami heat. Dr. James losito.

There is no single school that will prepare you for a sports medicine speciality. Your residency and fellowship will be what gives you the most experience for a sports medicine speciality.

With that said, i think that barry is the only school that has a class on sports medicine and one of their professors is also a team podiatrist for the miami heat. Dr. James losito.

So you're telling the OP to take his talents to south beach? :D (sorry if you're not an nba fan)

Reactions: 1 user
At BUSPM we do have a sports medicine class in the Spring semester of your senior year. Dr. Losito is the team physician for the Miami Heat, he also treats semi-professional athletes, as well as athletes here at Barry. Being a BUSPM student, you have access to assisting with the treatments of our sports teams, and some additional local schools.

As a previous poster said, your Sports Medicine training will happen after your schooling.. :)

Feel free to PM me if you need further info.

E mail: [email protected]

-Amy

We have a sports medicine class at OCPM. It's taken the spring semester of your third year. We also have a sports medicine club. At OCPM students also have the opportunity to work races as well.

We have a sports medicine class at OCPM. It's taken the spring semester of your third year. We also have a sports medicine club. At OCPM students also have the opportunity to work races as well.

I think I saw a sports medicine club at both Temple and NYCPM. I am 100% certain that at least one of them has one.

OCPM has a sports medicine club and we do a lot of work at marathons and walks/other races. There are 4 or 5 DPMs at OCPM who really seem to enjoy getting involved with marathons and 100 mile races (supermarathons?). We also take a sports medicine class (though I imagine most schools do). Also, with the possible Kent state merger there will be access to all of the college sports teams and they are very interested in us working with them.