Sports physical therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTlife2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys see sports physical therapy going with athletic training becoming a masters degree program? This will definitely limit the amount of dual acreddited atc/dpts. Do you think sports physical therapists will play a more vital role in on-field coverage or do you think they will perform even less on-field coverage?

Members don't see this ad.

that is a great question. I think the athletic trainers will still be the top dog on the field. I am duel credentialed and the athletic trainer side of me is the only one that really participates in event coverage. I think that the number of people going into athletic training will probably decline with the new Masters requirement. You think that PTs have a poor income to debt ratio, ATs will probably be worse.

Reactions: 1 user
that is a great question. I think the athletic trainers will still be the top dog on the field. I am duel credentialed and the athletic trainer side of me is the only one that really participates in event coverage. I think that the number of people going into athletic training will probably decline with the new Masters requirement. You think that PTs have a poor income to debt ratio, ATs will probably be worse.
I agree. You see physical therapists complaining, but athletic trainers are still going to get paid 40k a year to work 60+ hours during their sports season.