Sports Vision

Started by malkeet24
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Is there a sports vision specialty the OD's can go through after optometry school?


I am interested in this as well and I posted the same question about a year ago. Here is the thread.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=506211

People told me closest thing would be binocular vision and to also check out SUNY's Binocular vision residency. I am a first year at SUNY and I haven't heard of any sport vision residencies at SUNY...

Also check out this link...also in that thread... about a sports optometrist who works for the Edmonton Oilers and Eskimos
http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...787acf&k=74973



Anyone have other information regarding sport vision residencies?
 
Oh and that link about the Edmonton Oilers team optometrist talks about vision therapy he does with the athletes... SUNY has a big vision therapy clinic and vision therapy residencies.....