Spreading the LOVE.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDad

DO Stud. '08
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Next two to reply that are DO affiliated..... will get Karma points.... But the one thing is.... you have to tell me something really interesting about what in medicine interests u....

DrDad

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I think it's interesting how our bodies are so minutely organized...that there is so much going on at any given time that we take for granted.

And the fact that I have the opportunity to learn about it all and to help people with their health is such a gift. :clap:
M.

inspirational and all

Members don't see this ad :)
DrDad said:
Next two to reply that are DO affiliated..... will get Karma points.... But the one thing is.... you have to tell me something really interesting about what in medicine interests u....

DrDad

ok just something inspiring people.... I have Karma to burn.... and I am going off in a minute or two....

DrDad

I want to do something with my brain and hands that is bigger than my brain and hands could ever be

kwooder said:
I want to do something with my brain and hands that is bigger than my brain and hands could ever be
also very inspiring thanks

DrDad

same time same place tomorrow.... may you be fortunate....

DrDad

Same Drill as last night....

Next five to reply that are DO affiliated..... will get Karma points.... But the one thing is.... you have to tell me something really interesting about what in medicine interests u....

DrDad

I will be back at 11pm to check'em

What is awesome about medicine to me is a mix of very complicated biology and physiology mixed with the human aspect. It is a challenge to not only know what is best for your patients but understand that they are living breathing human beings as well. You actions (or lack of) have reactions that may or may not be favorable. It is a constant challenge and an amazing field to deal with.

I wanted to spend my evenings reading Goljan's pathology notes ;)

Actually, I really enjoy the process of figuring out what is going wrong to make a person sick. Sometimes it's easy stuff, but other times it is great mental excercise. :)

edit: You can save the karma for someone else :) I'm covered for a while

I'm a DO! I applied to MD and DO schools, but chose a DO school because I thought that it'd get me more good karma. Can I have some good karma now please?

-Olanzapine, DO

The thing about medicine that I love is that we spend about 7 (or more) years of our lives preparing to give back to our community. The commitment that that involves is amazing. We will not see the actual fruits of our labor for some time. We work hard now for patients that we have not yet even met. That is saying something about who we are.

I just don't want to live in a van down by the river.....

As cliche as it sounds, one of the greatest things about my clinical experiences in medicine so far is the way you can "help people" and make them feel better, not only physically but also emotionally, during their hospital stay. I had a patient whose face would light up every time I came into the room because I was one of the few doctors/nurses/students that would sit and talk to her for 15-20 minutes. Every day she would tell me, "You are just so nice."

And it's also the coolest thing when one of your patients tells you, "I think you are going to be a great doctor."

And it's also cool to wake up every morning and know that you are doing what you want to do for the rest of your life.

Can I have my karma now? ;) :love: