spring 2011 diplomates - delay letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlw03

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just trying to figure out if this is selected people or everyone. Received a letter in the mail today stating there's a delay in printing my certificate, and won't receive it until mid-November. Anyone else who passed AP and/or CP this past spring receive such a letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Passed AP/CP. Got same letter yesterday. What a joke.

Members don't see this ad :)
AP only. Got the letter today. I'm gonna frame the letter until I get my certificate.

Just trying to figure out if this is selected people or everyone. Received a letter in the mail today stating there's a delay in printing my certificate, and won't receive it until mid-November. Anyone else who passed AP and/or CP this past spring receive such a letter?

Oh wait so.... If you miss a deadline with THEM they charge you astronomical fees. So does this mean I get reimbursed because they have delayed my certificate? I feel like George (Seinfeld) at the physical therapy office.

Thanks. You must be very special to get mail on Sunday. :)

Special indeed. :) More like, too tired from autopsies on Saturday that I forgot to check the mail. Then Sunday, I remembered. Sad, I know.

Oh wait so.... If you miss a deadline with THEM they charge you astronomical fees. So does this mean I get reimbursed because they have delayed my certificate? I feel like George (Seinfeld) at the physical therapy office.

Always appreciate a good Seinfeld reference. Unfortunately, the ABP is like the soup Nazi... "no certificate for you." And no refund from them.

Still nothing received. I'll post when (if?!) I receive it. If anyone has received their certificate, please let us know. I don't want to keep calling the ABP and bugging them, but damnit, I really need this thing to move ahead with the medical license for my post-fellowship job.

Still nothing received. I'll post when (if?!) I receive it. If anyone has received their certificate, please let us know. I don't want to keep calling the ABP and bugging them, but damnit, I really need this thing to move ahead with the medical license for my post-fellowship job.

Didn't the letter say we'd get them sometime around 11/13 or so?

Is there really a state that requires board certification to get a license? In a pinch, I would think the notification letter from the ABP website (on their finest letterhead, recall) would serve as proof.

Is there really a state that requires board certification to get a license? In a pinch, I would think the notification letter from the ABP website (on their finest letterhead, recall) would serve as proof.

I used my letter for credentialing purposes. Never had to submit BC info for a license.

letter said around 11/10. just hopeful it'll arrive early (funny, i know).

the license i'm applying for is not in the US, and this country wants a copy of my boards certificate.

I'm applying for a job overseas as well, same problem here, they require the board certificate. I considered sending the "congratulations you passed" letter, but thought better of it. Probably have to wait. Unfortunately, getting medical credentials recognized overseas takes forever, and I only have ~8 months!

I'm applying for a job overseas as well, same problem here, they require the board certificate. I considered sending the "congratulations you passed" letter, but thought better of it. Probably have to wait. Unfortunately, getting medical credentials recognized overseas takes forever, and I only have ~8 months!

Smart man. I spent $35 for a "certified copy" of the "you passed" letter and sent that off. Not acceptable. Gotta wait for the certificate. Wish I could get my $35 back, but not counting on a refund from our friends at the ABP.

Know that some of my friends have received their certificates, and saw the announcement on the ABP site. have some people not received their certificates yet? could they have mailed them out in batches? is my local mail slow? wondering if there are others who have not yet gotten their certificates. that'd make me less antsy. am guessing at this point i'll be forking more money over to the ABP to get something i've already paid for.

Know that some of my friends have received their certificates, and saw the announcement on the ABP site. have some people not received their certificates yet? could they have mailed them out in batches? is my local mail slow? wondering if there are others who have not yet gotten their certificates. that'd make me less antsy. am guessing at this point i'll be forking more money over to the ABP to get something i've already paid for.

got mine last Thursday.