Spring AP/CP date/time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jargon124

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when is ABP gonna assign dates for the spring AP/CP exam? Also just wondering - what is the scheduled end time for the second day of AP/CP exam? Can I catch a 6pm flight out of Tampa right after the test, or is that cutting it too close?

Members don't see this ad.

It's cutting it close but people do it. Exam usually ends sometime between 4 and 5. You can leave earlier if you're done unless things have changed. But you probably don't want to be able to count on ending before the official end time in case the test is harder than you planned for.

I don't know when they release the dates, I think it was around this time (mid march) when I got mine, but that was a couple years ago.

The ABP website says they will assign dates by "early March." Hopefully it will happen this week as I can't imagine anyone considering the third week of March as "early."

Members don't see this ad :)
what, you don't enjoy the suspense of being kept waiting?

Lots of people fly out after the 2nd day. The airport is a 5-10 min drive. However, keep in mind that it's rush hour when you finish the exam. There's no real reason for you to send an additional day at that expensive hotel, even though it's pretty nice.

By the afternoon of the 2nd day, everyone is antsy & ready to leave. There were very few people left by the time the exam was officially over.

----- Antony

Seriously...ONLY the ABP would consider the 17th of the month (though we obviously still haven't heard anything yet so it will likely be later) "early" March. Anybody remember what day they learned of the exam date in previous years? I can see my $2200 is being put to good use!:luck:

Seriously...ONLY the ABP would consider the 17th of the month (though we obviously still haven't heard anything yet so it will likely be later) "early" March. Anybody remember what day they learned of the exam date in previous years? I can see my $2200 is being put to good use!:luck:

Last week of March, either the 23rd or the 26th, 2008.

i think last year the dates were mailed out the last day of March or so, meaning they were received in the mail in early April.

The wait is KILLING me... i have to move to a different city for fellowship and need to go apartment hunting in late May.

ABP YOU SUCK:mad:

i think last year the dates were mailed out the last day of March or so, meaning they were received in the mail in early April.

i can double that - the dates i put in the above post was what i could recall was the posted cancellation date on the envelope.

For those of you who, like me, visit abpath.org every single day to check if dates were posted...

I just got a reply from ABP:

RE: slip in the FAQ

<dl><dt class="headerNameFrom">From:"Questions" <[email protected]> </dt><dt class="headerNameTo">To:</dt><dt class="headerNameDate">Date:Thu, 25 Mar 2010 2:35 PM (1 hour 23 mins ago)</dt></dl>
This is not a slip, we are just running behind due to the implementation of the new software. Sorry for the inconvenience. These dates will post within a week.<!--/defang_font--> <hr tabindex="-1"> <!--defang_font size="2" face="Tahoma"--><!--defang_b-->From:<!--/defang_b-->
<!--defang_b-->Sent:<!--/defang_b--> Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:06 AM
<!--defang_b-->To:<!--/defang_b--> Questions
<!--defang_b-->Subject:<!--/defang_b--> slip in the FAQ
<!--/defang_font-->

Perhaps you meant to say early April?

From your FAQ section:

<!--defang_font size="3" face="Tahoma"--><!--defang_b-->When will the examination dates be assigned? <!--/defang_b-->

For primary examinations, exact examination date assignments will be posted to your PATHway Board Correspondence page in early March to those registered for Spring examinations and in early September for those registered for Fall examinations, pending notification of board qualification. The date will not change once assigned.

aaaaaaa. flights are gonna be like $600 by the time they release the dates. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. how dare they....

thanks pathforever for contacting them. i was too scared that they'd fail me on purpose for harassing them.:rolleyes:

would it be THAT hard for them to post this info on the site? email all registered candidates? i mean, what the hell are they doing with my $2200 besides vacationing in the Caribbean?

what really galls me is that they have us by the you-know-whats and there is nothing we can do about it. a lot of people have to move to a new city and need to go apartment hunting, etc. not to mention it's really difficult living with your life on "hold" starting "May 17 through the time period it take to examine all qualified candidates..."

if i can't get a flight and all else fails, i can ride my pony down to Tampa. It will probably take me a week or two, and I may die along the way, but at least i'll get there!

As for the promise from the ABP that the exam dates would be put out next week, don't hold your breath. One of our residents contacted them 2 weeks ago and was told we could find out this week, but the end of the week has come and gone and still nothing. I think their claims about reported dates are simply a stall tactic. They'll put them out whenever they get around to it and they really don't care how much it inconveniences us.

Members don't see this ad :)
The board is a disgrace. I think it's time to start over. We're the ones forking over two grand plus and they can't treat us with even a modicum of respect.

it better be THIS WEEK!! OR WE RIOT!!!

For real people...they updated the website today: http://www.abpath.org/

However, SPRING 2010 Exam dates have still NOT been posted.

Apparently they don't care that we have lives and need to know this information. Particularly given their complete lack of flexibility with scheduling, they should have to notify you at least 3 months in advance. This is RIDICULOUS!

June 7th and 8th.

love how we got the dates on April Fools.

What's even more concerning is that their FAQ's state that RESULTS of the exam will be posted to the online system. If they were a month late for the exam date, I figure we can look for our results somewhere around Thanksgiving.

I'm June 23!!

Did you know that all Canadians are segregated at the end of the session by default?

They told me it was to "give us more time for travel arrangements"

There are daily direct flights to Tampa from Toronto that you can purchase in 5 min from Expedia and we don't need visas!!!!!

Very depressing...

I'm June 23!!

Did you know that all Canadians are segregated at the end of the session by default?
Are you taking the Canadian boards this May? If yes, could you please share your experience in comparison with the American boards? I assume, you are AP only (since you posted only one exam date), and I'm gonna take AP only in Canada next year (and AP/CP in the US this year). Thank you!

Are you taking the Canadian boards this May? If yes, could you please share your experience in comparison with the American boards?

My pleasure. I will start a new thread on that at the end of June. :(

end of may for me! ARGH.

any of you going to the ASCP Course next week?

Greetings, all--it's been a long time! Nice to see some of the "old crew" still here! ;)

I'm scheduled for June 2 and June 3. HOLY S$%!!

Drinks in the bar on the evening of June 3, anyone??

any of you going to the ASCP Course next week?
IMHO, it's a waste of time. Here is my opinion on it, which I posted last year on other forum:
It’s been quite an experience. I’ve been traumatized for life. I know it’s all my fault: not only I persuaded our chairman to pay for the ASCP review course but I decided that going a year in advance will be beneficial. It wasn’t. Neither for me nor for my friend. The rest of us, PGYs-4, got mixed feelings about the course. They blamed me for everything anyway:).
Imagine a lonely Hyatt in the middle of nowhere – 20+ miles from O’Hare airport. There are 2 decent bars nearby and 9 miles of running trails – this combination helped me staying more or less sane:). There is no public transportation, and the taxi ride to downtown takes 1 hr. 20 min. and 120 bucks. The course is NOT in the hotel. It’s in the middle of REAL NOWHERE – 5 miles farther. There are some industrial buildings, a pond with swans, and… more running trails. A shuttle takes you there early in the morning and brings you back to the hotel late in the evening. There is no way to get back to the hotel earlier unless you want to walk along the highway. I tried. Out of desperation I walked up to Target and when returned back just to the end of the last lecture:). Don’t ask me why. I’ve lost the remnants of logic on this course.
Anyway, back to the educational part. The lectures start from 7 to 8 am and end at 7 to 9 pm!! Every talk is 2 hrs long. There are several 15 minutes brakes and one lunch brake combined with “questions and answers” sessions. They didn’t let us eat in peace… It was a pure waste of time: nobody in clear mind can concentrate that long. I couldn’t get through things I know well – what’s the point of listening to it again? I couldn’t get through subjects I don’t know – I have to read on my own. I did running in pouring rain in the middle of the lectures for 40-50 minutes. I couldn’t take incarceration from 7 am to 9 pm!! People thought I was crazy when I was coming back to the building soaking wet in my running shorts:). BTW, there were a lot of very strange people on this course. People talking to themselves and their imaginary friends… people obsessed with studying to the extreme I couldn’t imagine… they think the life stops if you failed the board exam… Poor souls… I guess I’ve got used to different aspects of weirdness in my hospital:).
The “USA today” published 10 torture technics banned by president Obama. We were subjected to 3 out of 10: wall standing, sleep deprivation, crowded confinement:). Maybe, waterboarding for me:). These were the longest 6 days in my life… My friend, a mother of 4, said it was worse than a childbirth:).
Bottom-line: DO NOT do it! You can get an audio DVD and lectures on CDs from someone else. Board review courses are harmful for your mental and physical health: I’ve been suffering a post-traumatic stress disorder and started drinking heavily:).

IMHO, it's a waste of time. Here is my opinion on it, which I posted last year on other forum:
It’s been quite an experience. I’ve been traumatized for life. I know it’s all my fault: not only I persuaded our chairman to pay for the ASCP review course but I decided that going a year in advance will be beneficial. It wasn’t. Neither for me nor for my friend. The rest of us, PGYs-4, got mixed feelings about the course. They blamed me for everything anyway:).
Imagine a lonely Hyatt in the middle of nowhere – 20+ miles from O’Hare airport. There are 2 decent bars nearby and 9 miles of running trails – this combination helped me staying more or less sane:). There is no public transportation, and the taxi ride to downtown takes 1 hr. 20 min. and 120 bucks. The course is NOT in the hotel. It’s in the middle of REAL NOWHERE – 5 miles farther. There are some industrial buildings, a pond with swans, and… more running trails. A shuttle takes you there early in the morning and brings you back to the hotel late in the evening. There is no way to get back to the hotel earlier unless you want to walk along the highway. I tried. Out of desperation I walked up to Target and when returned back just to the end of the last lecture:). Don’t ask me why. I’ve lost the remnants of logic on this course.
Anyway, back to the educational part. The lectures start from 7 to 8 am and end at 7 to 9 pm!! Every talk is 2 hrs long. There are several 15 minutes brakes and one lunch brake combined with “questions and answers” sessions. They didn’t let us eat in peace… It was a pure waste of time: nobody in clear mind can concentrate that long. I couldn’t get through things I know well – what’s the point of listening to it again? I couldn’t get through subjects I don’t know – I have to read on my own. I did running in pouring rain in the middle of the lectures for 40-50 minutes. I couldn’t take incarceration from 7 am to 9 pm!! People thought I was crazy when I was coming back to the building soaking wet in my running shorts:). BTW, there were a lot of very strange people on this course. People talking to themselves and their imaginary friends… people obsessed with studying to the extreme I couldn’t imagine… they think the life stops if you failed the board exam… Poor souls… I guess I’ve got used to different aspects of weirdness in my hospital:).
The “USA today” published 10 torture technics banned by president Obama. We were subjected to 3 out of 10: wall standing, sleep deprivation, crowded confinement:). Maybe, waterboarding for me:). These were the longest 6 days in my life… My friend, a mother of 4, said it was worse than a childbirth:).
Bottom-line: DO NOT do it! You can get an audio DVD and lectures on CDs from someone else. Board review courses are harmful for your mental and physical health: I’ve been suffering a post-traumatic stress disorder and started drinking heavily:).

i'm officially in the 2nd day...and i have to agree; it's basically the equivelant of getting a hydrochloric acid enema.

but i don't have a problem with the location.....as i just rented a car......why didn't you rent a car? too cheap? :p

going to the city every night...i used to live in chicago...not nearly as interesting as NYC, but still there's stuff to do...

but i don't have a problem with the location.....as i just rented a car......why didn't you rent a car? too cheap? :p

going to the city every night...i used to live in chicago...not nearly as interesting as NYC, but still there's stuff to do...

Yes, I'm cheap, I hate driving, and I never drink and drive. And what’s the point of going to the city if you cannot have a drink:)? Besides, I took a week of vacation _before_ the review course, which I spent in Chicago with my best friend. I’ve been to Chicago countless number of times. I was thinking about leaving damn review in the middle but some of my dear co-residents promised to report me to the PD and the chairman:). Again, I was concerned about money – I knew “the authorities” would have asked their money back:).