Spring Break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cosmo

super chihuahua
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a spring break in med school? I'm planning on attending LECOM-FL, and the handout of the academic year did not indicate that there was, though I've heard others mention that their school has one.

Members don't see this ad.

umdnj does (true break first year, second year it's for boards studying)

NSU has one too i think..but its at a weird time i believe

Members don't see this ad :)
LECOM-Erie doesn't. I don't know about LECOM-FL.

TUNCOM has 10 days for Winter Break and a week (I think) for "Spring Break"

Don't forget, that all changes in 3rd year...

for NSU MS1 it is apr 7-17 its a week in april..they count the minute spring break begins..which is after school the previous friday....xmas break is from Dec 16 @ 5 pm..to Jan 3rd...school ends june 9th...resumes in a month

how long are most of the winter breaks??? the PCOM schedule online was very unclear about this

At PCOM our winter break is 12/17-1/2 and spring break is 3/18-3/26 (1st & 2nd years only)

They were very kind to 2nd years for this Thanksgiving, we had 9 days off!

No spring break in LECOM Bradenton either.... We do get the summer off between OMS I and OMS II

A break at MSUCOM, you'll have to look hard...
Following summer anatomy (which will be mandatory from now on) my classmates got a day off. For Thanksgiving we all got the standard Thursday and Friday. Winter Break will be from the end of this week to Jan 8, about 2.5-3 wks. Spring Break is a week in early March, and following next semester we'll get a couple days until Summer semester begins, followed by a 3 wk break for Summer. That's it. :eek:
So two 16 wk semesters, plus a 12 wk Summer semester, 44 wks. Then add a week for Spring and two 3 week breaks, you get 51 wks...about right.
It's a great school, and getting better, but time isn't something we get a lot of. :scared: