Spring Semester Course load

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you need specific grades or just get them completed? Thats definitely alot of work but assuming that you don't have many other commitments you should be ok. If you need all A's it'll be pretty rough.

I completed 3 interviews so far, I need to complete these courses by the next spring semester

1. BIochemistry (5)
2. Molecular cell biology (3)
3. anatomy and physiology (4) with lab
4. Organic chemistry lab II (2)

is this too much load per semester? or still can be manageable

no this isn't a lot.
what do you normally take? isn't this a regular schedule for a science student? i had this kind of schedule for 8 semesters, it's a bit of work but was very rewarding and doable

Yes, I need to get all 'A' in that courses. I usually mixed with two sic and other light courses, but this is first semester with all heavy science. Just little worry !

Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology are really similar. They'll go hand in hand, just biochem is much more specific.

Why are you asking us? Do you really not know yourself well enough to know what you can handle? If you need to take it...then you take it. Problem solved.

Calm down Maygyver !
I just want to hear some voices from different people with different perspectives, is there any problem with you? I always wondering if you have some mental problem or not. What's wrong with you? Maybe you are the reason why admission committee does interview, grow up!

Thank you for all other inputs. I really appreciate that

Last edited:
I say it's a respectible schedule; meaning if you pull a 4.0 it would look pretty good. Most predents I know do 2-3 science classes with 1-2 non sciences.

The challenge I see with your schedule is that classes 1,2,3 are VERY heavy on memorization. If you're good at memorizing that would give you time to nail down the concepts. If I was going to go lighter I would prob replace #2 with a non science or easier class.

GL

Calm down Maygyver !
I just want to hear some voices from different people with different perspectives, is there any problem with you? I always wondering if you have some mental problem or not. What's wrong with you? Maybe you are the reason why admission committee does interview, grow up!

Thank you for all other inputs. I really appreciate that

Yeah, totally. These threads get posted all the time and the general consensus is that it's up to the individual on what a good course load is. Think of how cluttered this place would be if everyone posted their schedule and said "How's it look?" By the time you get deep into your college career, you should understand what your limits are. Classes are going to be different at each school, so talking to real life friends would probably give you a better idea of your course load. As far as interviews, they go fine. Thanks for your concern...

kspark102...

That semester load is pretty heavy. and it is TOTALLY up to you if you can handle it or not. Are you the kind of student who keeps up with lectures on a daily basis? Or are you the kind of student who waits till the very last weekend and then starts to study for an examination?

If your the 2nd type, I am telling you right now, You will have the WORST time with that semester.

Yeah, totally. These threads get posted all the time and the general consensus is that it's up to the individual on what a good course load is. Think of how cluttered this place would be if everyone posted their schedule and said "How's it look?" By the time you get deep into your college career, you should understand what your limits are. Classes are going to be different at each school, so talking to real life friends would probably give you a better idea of your course load. As far as interviews, they go fine. Thanks for your concern...

+1

guys let's all just take a chill pill and close down this thread.

Kpark, it looks good but it really all comes down to: you gotta do what needs to be done.

Good luck guys

sorry but :laugh:

Relax kpark. If schools require you to take those classes, then TAKE THEM! Wait until December to see which school accept you and then think about dropping/adding classes. Seriously, you have to strategize this situation without the help of SDN members - we can't take these classes for you and report back to you about the difficulty of the schedule (it varies from person to person). I went through undergrad very slowly, and it's the reason why it has taken me 4.5 years to graduate - I usually take 1-2 science classes per semester (on rare occasion, 3 science classes in a semester) and I can't really handle anymore when my focus is on getting A's. However, by the time I get started in dental school, I will be prepared to handle the rigorous course load because of my great science background/foundation from undergrad years. See...that's how you strategize - it's common sense kpark.