St. Aug : Financial Aid and Applying

Started by ptlover
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ptlover

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

I was curious if the fact that St. Augustine doesn't accept Grad Plus loans was a deciding factor for many of you when choosing a school to apply to and if you were accepted if it made you decline.

I think the school has a wonderful reputation. I would love to apply but would hate to get in and not be able to afford it. Is the only way to finance it private loans after Stafford loans?

Its on my list of top schools to apply to but I'm nervous!
 
USA was my first choice. The fact that they do not accept Grad Plus was an inconvenience, but my situation allows me to get private loans, so I did it. You are right, after Stafford loans you will have to use private loans. Private loans also require a co-signer (unless you have already built a good credit score yourself); their interest rate is something between 7 and 10%.
They also can send you to other states for your internship, which can lead to even more expences.
 
Last edited: