St. Augustine DPT/MOT dual degree program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UCLAbruin08

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are your thoughts on this program. It says it's only one year more than the entry level DPT program, but is it worth it? What incentives are they in getting your MOT?
 
I actually thought about it, I think is ok for someone who likes both, because I have observed both therapies I was interested in both (althoug I've always liked PT, I just thought I would like OT too) but you know, you have to think that first you would have to take the two boards or maybe youll practice one and take the other diretion within years.... I did not apply for it but if you think it fits you I think is a great option
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's alink to where this very thing was discussed earlier:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=493147

I think I stated my feelings quite clearly during that thread, but in case anyone wants the cliff notes version: This degree makes no sense to me. It's sole purpose, from what I can tell, is to make U of St. Augustine more money. As if DPT tuition wasn't expensive enough, you then tack on another year? It's silly, really.