University of St. Augustine DPT Residential Program (Spring 2024)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

z-sn

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Just creating this thread for those who are applying / got accepted into St. Augustine's DPT Residential Program for Spring 2024. If you got questions, ask away.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you have to interview? If so how long did it take to hear back?

Did you have to interview? If so how long did it take to hear back?
Yes it was a zoom group interview! I interviewed 8/1/23 and was given acceptance on 8/3/23! I was genuinely surprised because of how fast they got back. I was thinking it would be weeks at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone!

Just creating this thread for those who are applying / got accepted into St. Augustine's DPT Residential Program for Spring 2024. If you got questions, ask away.

I am planning on applying for Fall 2024!
Was curious what your statistics were? And what the interview process was like?

I am planning on applying for Fall 2024!
Was curious what your statistics were? And what the interview process was like?
Nice!

For GPA, they look at science GPA, overall GPA, and the trend. My sciences were 3.32 and overall was a 3.4. My trend was pretty good because I got mostly B’s during my time at community college, then when I transferred to university, I took college more seriously and got almost all A’s. For the GRE, they ask for a 294 and a 4.0 but after talking with admission advisors, they just want anything in the 290’s. I got 147Q 146V and a 4.5 on the writing. I was a certified nursing assistant after highschool for 5 years, both SNF and hospital setting (medsurg/icu) but then pursued a PT Aide job for a year and a half to collect more hours.

The interview process was a business professional attire, group interview done on zoom (might vary on the campus?). It was an hour and a half, split into 3 30-minute sections: 1) introduction of the program, 2) interview portion, 3) introducing clinical portion of the program. There were 6 applicants for my interview, we got divided into groups of 2 with a faculty member interviewing us. Asked basic questions, 1) tell me about yourself and 2) what can you offer your cohort and what do you expect from the cohort. They kept emphasizing that it was going to be a casual interview, they wanted to make it feel that it was more of a conversation rather than an interview.

If you have any other questions let me know! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Nice!

For GPA, they look at science GPA, overall GPA, and the trend. My sciences were 3.32 and overall was a 3.4. My trend was pretty good because I got mostly B’s during my time at community college, then when I transferred to university, I took college more seriously and got almost all A’s. For the GRE, they ask for a 294 and a 4.0 but after talking with admission advisors, they just want anything in the 290’s. I got 147Q 146V and a 4.5 on the writing. I was a certified nursing assistant after highschool for 5 years, both SNF and hospital setting (medsurg/icu) but then pursued a PT Aide job for a year and a half to collect more hours.

The interview process was a business professional attire, group interview done on zoom (might vary on the campus?). It was an hour and a half, split into 3 30-minute sections: 1) introduction of the program, 2) interview portion, 3) introducing clinical portion of the program. There were 6 applicants for my interview, we got divided into groups of 2 with a faculty member interviewing us. Asked basic questions, 1) tell me about yourself and 2) what can you offer your cohort and what do you expect from the cohort. They kept emphasizing that it was going to be a casual interview, they wanted to make it feel that it was more of a conversation rather than an interview.

Thank you! This really helps a lot.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice!

Hey I was trying to find out about St. Augustine University and to see if you think my scores have a chance of being accepted. I have talked with an advisor and she said I was 2 points off of the GRE and didn't have a 4.0 in the writing section. Do you think that will hold me back from getting accepted? Just wanted your opinion . I was wondering if anyone has gotten in with a GPA of 3.46 and GRE score of 292 combined with a 3.5 on writing. What are my chances? I would like to start fall of 24.

Hey I was trying to find out about St. Augustine University and to see if you think my scores have a chance of being accepted. I have talked with an advisor and she said I was 2 points off of the GRE and didn't have a 4.0 in the writing section. Do you think that will hold me back from getting accepted? Just wanted your opinion . I was wondering if anyone has gotten in with a GPA of 3.46 and GRE score of 292 combined with a 3.5 on writing. What are my chances? I would like to start fall of 24.
By your numbers it seems like youre on the edge right there. I would double check with your advisor to see if you would still be competitive. In my opinion, USAHS seemed kind of lenient with the GRE scores, as long as youre in the ballpark. But again double check. It wouldnt hurt to take it again, im sure you would get a better score the second time because now you know what to expect!

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though. Good luck!!

Last edited:
By your numbers it seems like youre on the edge right there. I would double check with your advisor to see if you would still be competitive. In my opinion, USAHS seemed kind of lenient with the GRE scores, as long as youre in the ballpark. But again double check. It wouldnt hurt to take it again, im sure you would get a better score the second time because now you know what to expect!

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though. Good luck!!
I did get an interview. Do you think that I will be considered with those scores or am I just wasting time? Don't want to get my hopes up if I do not have a chance.

I did get an interview. Do you think that I will be considered with those scores or am I just wasting time? Don't want to get my hopes up if I do not have a chance.
I think getting the interview was the hard part! If they considered you for an interview then you are golden :). Congrats on the interview!