St. Augustine Spring 2011 Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KateNicholson47

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my call this afternoon from the University of Saint Augustine and I got in! I was just wondering if anyone else had heard from them and if you're planning on going

Members don't see this ad.

I got my call today too (for the OT program). I have decided to go to a different school that seemed like a better fit for me, but it was still nice to be accepted. I hope there are people on the waiting list who will be happy to take my spot. Congratulations!!

Congratulations! I was admitted to St. Augustine for the fall of 2010, but I deferred until May 2011. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow you heard back from them already? Congrats on your acceptance into the program!! When was your interview? This is making me a little more nervous. I haven't heard anything and my interview was the end of July! :scared:

I would like to know when was your interview as well? I just had mine last week...

Amall,
How many interviewees were at USA that day?

and

DocBallerina,
was deferring your enrollment pretty simple?

Thanks!

I would like to know when was your interview as well? I just had mine last week...

Amall,
How many interviewees were at USA that day?

and

DocBallerina,
was deferring your enrollment pretty simple?

Thanks!

Yep. I just emailed Dian and asked if deferring was a possibility. I just wanted more time to save money and apply for other aid.

Anyone else heard anything I am still waiting as well

So I ended up calling admissions today and asked what the status was... I was told I wasn't accepted...Oh well. I was accepted to my first choice school so it all works out. Good luck to everyone and congrats to those that were accepted. USA seems like a great school!!

I just got the call as well! :D I'm going to the San Diego campus. Anyone else?!

I'm going to the Saint Augustine campus...I wanted to apply to the San Diego campus too but they only let you apply to one so I chose Floida for finacial reasons. I did'nt really want to pay the higher tuition on top of much higher costs of living haha.

And for everyone who had asked my interview was the main interview day at the end of July

Im goin to the san marcos campus, i got my call yesterday!!! finally lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I was accepted as well! I'm from out of state and I don't know the area well so I joined this site to meet people and the like.

Didn't get into the San Diego campus for OT but oh well. I'm actually feeling ok :). Not sure if I want to spend so much money on a school that is not even accredited. Better to apply somewhere else with that accreditation status!

Didn't get into the San Diego campus for OT but oh well. I'm actually feeling ok :). Not sure if I want to spend so much money on a school that is not even accredited. Better to apply somewhere else with that accreditation status!

I just read a letter from the founder where he gave this long winded explanation about accreditation. So what is going on??

Hi, I was accepted as well! I'm from out of state and I don't know the area well so I joined this site to meet people and the like.

Which campus were you accepted too and where are you from? I'm from MA but when to undergrad down in South Carolina

Congrat to those who got accepted to USA!!!!

I am currently applying for the Summer 2011 term. USA is the only school i can apply too. The process is coming around and the only thing i'm missing is the GRE and editin of my essays...I was wondering you guys would be kind enough and allow me to read your essays and also let me know what you got on your GRE...This will help me a lot... Thank you..

I was notified today that I have an interview November 19th at St. Augustine! I am soooo excited but even more nervous! ANY help, tips and stress-relieving stories shared would be very much appreciated! I already see a lot of posting about the interview process but any extra tips would be great! Also, does anyone know about how many people are chosen for the interview process and the chances of getting in/waitlisted if given an interview? Especially for Summer trimester, I heard it is the smallest applicant class. Thanks in advance for any input!

@crippeng2 when did you turn in your application? if you dont mind me asking...

I turned it in the very beginning of September/late August, around that time frame... They notified me and a friend of mine of our Interview date being help on November 19th just yesterday!

would you mind sharing us your stats...its understandable if you'd rather not say.

Undergrad overall 2.95
Pre-Req 3.2
Last 40 hours 3.7
560 internship in geriatric setting
currently full time in PT at a hospital
GRE 1000
great references & essays

Have you heard anything yet? Best of luck!

DocBallerina,

Any idea how many applicants are chosen for interview and the chances of being accepted/wait listed if you are chosen for an interview? Also, any suggestions of what questions to ask during orientation or the interview itself?

Thank You!

When I went, there were roughly 75 people there, but they have all the applicants for OT, PT, and dual all together. I wish I had more information to give you as far as how many they take, but I really don't know.

There are tons of threads on here regarding their interview questions, but as far as what to ask, I remember I asked during my interview about the relationship between the students and faculty because that was important to me. Other people asked about the relationship between the students. I remember the girl I interviewed with asked about opportunities for research, which didn't go over very well as USA had already explained they were not a school that focused on research.
Honestly, and it sounds trite, but just be yourself. Be enthusiastic about being there and wanting to go into PT, and I believe those are the kind of people they are looking for. They weren't intimidating at all, very welcoming and warm. Hope that helps.

DocBallerina,

Thank you for your input! One more question :) Did you wear a skirt suit or pant suit? I can't decide and definitely don't want to be less impressive if I am in a skirt... What did you wear and what were other females wearing?

I wore a pantsuit...and had to invest in some "professional" heels. All the ones I had were too high! I would say there were more girls wearing pants than skirts...

My suit was long sleeve jacket, button down shirt, and matching pants...along with said "sensible" heels. I even changed my purse that day to a simple black one because the one I usually carry is very obnoxiously pink!

For those of you who were recently admitted to USA would you mind sharing your admissions profile? (overall and prereq GPA and GRE). I'm sitting at a 3.1 GPA for both and am retaking my GRE to try and get over 1000. I'm not a good standardized test taker, so I am a little worried I won't be able to bring up my 920 GRE score. I have a lot of observation experience in various settings and have great recommendations, but am not sure where I stand compared to those who have been granted interviews.

havent heard of anything yet :( after they have given me a confirmation email saying my application is being reviewed. looks like interviews are on nov. 15 and its already the oct.16. time is ticking.

havent heard of anything yet :( after they have given me a confirmation email saying my application is being reviewed. looks like interviews are on nov. 15 and its already the oct.16. time is ticking.

You can email them to check on your status or call them... which campus are you applying to? Good luck

Hey! Anyone who attended the interviews held at St. Augutine on Friday the 19th? I am sooo nervous and anxious to hear back!! Figured it would be nice to talk to some who might be feeling the same way! :scared:

I was at the St. Augustine campus on the 19th for the interview as well! I'm really anxious to hear back from them and, fingers crossed, with good news! I feel pretty good about my interview. I made my interviewers laugh a bunch and asked a lot of questions about the program so I hope they really saw that I am seriously interested in their program and am passionate about becoming a PT. Only time will tell I suppose, but good luck to all! :)

I didn't have a very fun interviewing session haha, mine was very serious and to the point..I guess I did as well as I could! Do you remember what they said about number of people that got interviews, I thought I heard them say that there were 70 interviewees there Friday, and they had another alternate date for those that couldn't make it but that maybe onlu 90 or so were chosen for interviews...?

My interview was TOTALLY laid-back. They made the three of us (perspective students obviously) feel completely comfortable. The interview lasted about an hour. We didn't really discuss how many applicants were picked to interview and how many were there/coming at a later date. I would estimate that there were around 75ish people there though. The guy who took us on the tour of the school said they take about 60 students for the DPT program. So that is pretty good news because if there were only like 90 people interviewed, most of them would make it into the program. That is also not taking into account how many people were that being interviewed for the dual and OT program. Fingers crossed though, for both you and I! I hope it works out because I absolutely LOVED the school, students, faculty and overall atmosphere. Plus St. Augustine is amazing (the city).

Good luck to all of you! You will love the school, although small you have all you need in the school!:thumbup:

Any news anyone who applied at the St. Augustine campus for Summer 2011? I know they said 3 weeks due to Thanksgiving but I am sooooo anxious to hear back!

Anyone else hear back from USA abotu acceptances? I interviewed in Florida on the 19th and I have seen that two people on here have recieved calls today- this makes me so much more nervous!