-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
St. Augustine Spring 2011 Acceptances
Started by KateNicholson47
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations! I was admitted to St. Augustine for the fall of 2010, but I deferred until May 2011. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to know when was your interview as well? I just had mine last week...
Amall,
How many interviewees were at USA that day?
and
DocBallerina,
was deferring your enrollment pretty simple?
Thanks!
Yep. I just emailed Dian and asked if deferring was a possibility. I just wanted more time to save money and apply for other aid.
So I ended up calling admissions today and asked what the status was... I was told I wasn't accepted...Oh well. I was accepted to my first choice school so it all works out. Good luck to everyone and congrats to those that were accepted. USA seems like a great school!!
I'm going to the Saint Augustine campus...I wanted to apply to the San Diego campus too but they only let you apply to one so I chose Floida for finacial reasons. I did'nt really want to pay the higher tuition on top of much higher costs of living haha.
And for everyone who had asked my interview was the main interview day at the end of July
And for everyone who had asked my interview was the main interview day at the end of July
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Didn't get into the San Diego campus for OT but oh well. I'm actually feeling ok 🙂. Not sure if I want to spend so much money on a school that is not even accredited. Better to apply somewhere else with that accreditation status!
I just read a letter from the founder where he gave this long winded explanation about accreditation. So what is going on??
Hi, I was accepted as well! I'm from out of state and I don't know the area well so I joined this site to meet people and the like.
Which campus were you accepted too and where are you from? I'm from MA but when to undergrad down in South Carolina
Congrat to those who got accepted to USA!!!!
I am currently applying for the Summer 2011 term. USA is the only school i can apply too. The process is coming around and the only thing i'm missing is the GRE and editin of my essays...I was wondering you guys would be kind enough and allow me to read your essays and also let me know what you got on your GRE...This will help me a lot... Thank you..
I am currently applying for the Summer 2011 term. USA is the only school i can apply too. The process is coming around and the only thing i'm missing is the GRE and editin of my essays...I was wondering you guys would be kind enough and allow me to read your essays and also let me know what you got on your GRE...This will help me a lot... Thank you..
I was notified today that I have an interview November 19th at St. Augustine! I am soooo excited but even more nervous! ANY help, tips and stress-relieving stories shared would be very much appreciated! I already see a lot of posting about the interview process but any extra tips would be great! Also, does anyone know about how many people are chosen for the interview process and the chances of getting in/waitlisted if given an interview? Especially for Summer trimester, I heard it is the smallest applicant class. Thanks in advance for any input!
When I went, there were roughly 75 people there, but they have all the applicants for OT, PT, and dual all together. I wish I had more information to give you as far as how many they take, but I really don't know.
There are tons of threads on here regarding their interview questions, but as far as what to ask, I remember I asked during my interview about the relationship between the students and faculty because that was important to me. Other people asked about the relationship between the students. I remember the girl I interviewed with asked about opportunities for research, which didn't go over very well as USA had already explained they were not a school that focused on research.
Honestly, and it sounds trite, but just be yourself. Be enthusiastic about being there and wanting to go into PT, and I believe those are the kind of people they are looking for. They weren't intimidating at all, very welcoming and warm. Hope that helps.
There are tons of threads on here regarding their interview questions, but as far as what to ask, I remember I asked during my interview about the relationship between the students and faculty because that was important to me. Other people asked about the relationship between the students. I remember the girl I interviewed with asked about opportunities for research, which didn't go over very well as USA had already explained they were not a school that focused on research.
Honestly, and it sounds trite, but just be yourself. Be enthusiastic about being there and wanting to go into PT, and I believe those are the kind of people they are looking for. They weren't intimidating at all, very welcoming and warm. Hope that helps.
I wore a pantsuit...and had to invest in some "professional" heels. All the ones I had were too high! I would say there were more girls wearing pants than skirts...
My suit was long sleeve jacket, button down shirt, and matching pants...along with said "sensible" heels. I even changed my purse that day to a simple black one because the one I usually carry is very obnoxiously pink!
My suit was long sleeve jacket, button down shirt, and matching pants...along with said "sensible" heels. I even changed my purse that day to a simple black one because the one I usually carry is very obnoxiously pink!
For those of you who were recently admitted to USA would you mind sharing your admissions profile? (overall and prereq GPA and GRE). I'm sitting at a 3.1 GPA for both and am retaking my GRE to try and get over 1000. I'm not a good standardized test taker, so I am a little worried I won't be able to bring up my 920 GRE score. I have a lot of observation experience in various settings and have great recommendations, but am not sure where I stand compared to those who have been granted interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
havent heard of anything yet 🙁 after they have given me a confirmation email saying my application is being reviewed. looks like interviews are on nov. 15 and its already the oct.16. time is ticking.
You can email them to check on your status or call them... which campus are you applying to? Good luck
I was at the St. Augustine campus on the 19th for the interview as well! I'm really anxious to hear back from them and, fingers crossed, with good news! I feel pretty good about my interview. I made my interviewers laugh a bunch and asked a lot of questions about the program so I hope they really saw that I am seriously interested in their program and am passionate about becoming a PT. Only time will tell I suppose, but good luck to all! 🙂
I didn't have a very fun interviewing session haha, mine was very serious and to the point..I guess I did as well as I could! Do you remember what they said about number of people that got interviews, I thought I heard them say that there were 70 interviewees there Friday, and they had another alternate date for those that couldn't make it but that maybe onlu 90 or so were chosen for interviews...?
My interview was TOTALLY laid-back. They made the three of us (perspective students obviously) feel completely comfortable. The interview lasted about an hour. We didn't really discuss how many applicants were picked to interview and how many were there/coming at a later date. I would estimate that there were around 75ish people there though. The guy who took us on the tour of the school said they take about 60 students for the DPT program. So that is pretty good news because if there were only like 90 people interviewed, most of them would make it into the program. That is also not taking into account how many people were that being interviewed for the dual and OT program. Fingers crossed though, for both you and I! I hope it works out because I absolutely LOVED the school, students, faculty and overall atmosphere. Plus St. Augustine is amazing (the city).
Similar threads
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 4K
