St. Banabas, Bronx Program (DO)

Started by Cowboy DO
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cowboy DO

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

Anyone have any info on this program? I have the usual questions. Is it a good program, teaching, fellowships, job offers. I cant find any info on thier website, sort of odd since i can find lots of stuff for their EM and surgery program. Thanks for any info.
 
f_w said:
Are you talking about Bronx Lebanon ? (St Barnabas is a program in NJ).
If you have any info on the NJ program I'd like to hear that too. Are they receptive to DO's, I dont know? I know we rotate through there, but im not sure how competitive it is.

Basically the program in the Bronx is the only DO program I'd apply to since its the only one in the NE. I'll likely apply to both allo as well as osteo programs so any info on those are also appreciated. But I'd rather match somewhere than nowhere. However, if St.barnabas (Bronx) is no good then I'll go straight allo but again im limiting myself to the NE so I will be holding my breath, and crossing my fingers, while whishing on a star. Im pretty average overall: 235 usmle, a few honors on clinicals, and ill probably have average LOR, no research. So maybe its a stretch I don't know.

MY big dilemma is do I do just allo, and gamble a little, or play it safe?