St George Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klgsatx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the first 2 yrs are spent at SGU and the other 2 yrs are state side...

Where can you do your last 2 yrs ? Does Texas have any arrangements with accepting students from SGU?

:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

You're correct, the first 2 years are spent in the Caribbean (the first 4 terms in Grenada, and then the last 2 terms in St. Vincent), and then the following 80 weeks of clinical rotations can be spent in the U.S., U.K., Caribbean, or a combination of those.

We have a few Texans in our class, and to my knowledge they do not have any formal relationship with hospitals in that state. Most students do their core rotations in New York City, New Jersey, Michigan, or California. You may be able to set up an outside elective rotation there, however.

klgsatx said:
It is my understanding that the first 2 yrs are spent at SGU and the other 2 yrs are state side...

Where can you do your last 2 yrs ? Does Texas have any arrangements with accepting students from SGU?

:confused:
what exactly do you mean regarding "accepting students"? For clinicals? No sgu clinicals in texas. see sgu's web site for a list of clinical rotation centers. For residency? It can be done. For licensing? It can be done but texas makes it extremely difficult for IMGs.

while some "Away electives" can be done outside of sgu affiliates, if you want to practice in texas you can't get a license if you do this I believe; its up to the individual to verfiy the particulars of each state.
steph

Hi there, I just finished 1st term at SGU and have been looking into clinicals, and can confirm that SGU has affiliations with hospitals in NY, NJ, Michigan, CN, and a few spots in CA. Most people do their clinicals (last 2 years) in NY or NJ. Good luck!