St. Louis University Class of 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Wyldstyle

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, where you at?? Where you coming from?? - Wyldstyle2000

Members don't see this ad.

im appying to st l. this year. for all of you who got in, what do you recommend me to stress on my secon application?
thanx and good luck in med school! :D

Make sure you are academically sound both GPA and MCAT wise. I focused on my strengths and explained my weaknesses. I also conveyed my attributes of humbleness yet my will for self-improvement. The secondary is quite simple and short. Make sure your personal statement conveys who you are well that way you can make your secondary concise and supplemental. The Jesuit philosophy focuses on the whole individual. Show how you do this perhaps? Also, show WHY you want to go to Saint Louis versus other schools or live in that city too! Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanx wyldstyle2000. That helped a lot. so, u ready for md school? excited? sad?

All of the above! Heh heh, there is a fear factor in there. I mean, jeez, I haven't opened a book in 2 years! By the way, why the strong interest in SLU? How did you become interested in them or hear from them?

wyldstyle2000
I dont know how I became interested in them. the more i found out about the school the more I want to go there. strange, ha?

no, Im just a Cali boy. where r u from? can I ask what ur gpa and mcat score were when u applied?

I'm from Cali too. Post your email or something, and I'll email my stats.

Ill be there on Wed, Aug 8th feeding you breakfast courtesy of the U.S. Army. See you there.

DocHunter, are you in the HSP? HOw do you like it? Can you tell me how it is?

hey wyld, my name is joey and i'm in the class of 2005 also. i'm from the st. louis area. i can't believe we start in less than a month. if you have any questions about the area or anything else feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. see you soon!

I am a Health Care Recruiter for the Army. You will have several people in your class that are in the HPSP and will be at your student welcome week. I will be there at 8:30 on Wednesday so I can answer your qestions and/or put you in touch with the students in any year group who are on the scholarship. I'll be the guy wearing green ;)

Is it too late to apply? How do I apply for such a scholarship :(