What % of your class are "online"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jambro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the sentiments from SDN and reddit are that anki is GOAT, EM job market is in the ****ter, CRNAs are taking over anesthesia, the coasts are the best/worst place to live, rads or bust, etc.

What % of people in your classes would you say either think these things or are even aware that many others think these things? I wonder how much of a bubble SDN and reddit are.

Members don't see this ad.

So the sentiments from SDN and reddit are that anki is GOAT, EM job market is in the ****ter, CRNAs are taking over anesthesia, the coasts are the best/worst place to live, rads or bust, etc.

What % of people in your classes would you say either think these things or are even aware that many others think these things? I wonder how much of a bubble SDN and reddit are.

Who’s in the bubble? SDN or people who are stuck in their academic life?

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe 10%. Honestly, if I see something on SDN I just say I "saw it online" because SDN has such a negative connotation. So I would imagine it could be higher, but I would say almost no one talks about being on SDN.

I would say 80%+ of those in medicine peruse SDN for impressions, but most feign ignorance when it's alluded to. A google search for X board exam tips or Y program will give either SDN/Reddit as first hits. I personally peruse Reddit because there's good information, but don't see the need to participate as the medium's a lot more noisy/meme-centered. I prefer the simple reputation system SDN offers. When I'm here, it feels more like talking to a person than any other online forum.

In terms of the sentiments you mention, I do agree both forums can be quite dogmatic (i.e. ANKI is GOAT) and maybe there's some selection for online users and paranoia/ANKI or maybe they're right. The cool thing about SDN is that most people are willing to have an original conversation with you about it and that's how I learn.

Last edited: