St. Louis university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO_2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody with info about St. Louis university??? I need some feedback about the program and the area.

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a med student at SLU going into neuro. What information are you looking for? My experiences with the department (2 rotations) have been very positive. From everything I've seen and heard, the residents genuinely get along well and it is a positive environment. The attendings I have had do a lot of teaching to both students and residents. Overall, the residents seem to be pretty jappy people.
The program includes the prelim year. PGY 2-4 spend time at SLU on the stroke team and general team, at Cardinal Glennon, the children's hospital for child neuro, the VA hospital for general neuro and at a stroke rehab hospital. There are elective for neuro-ophthamology and neurophys, and I'm not entirely sure what all else they have.
PGY-2 and PGY-3 have overnight call where they cover both SLU's hospital and the children's hospital. I do not believe that PGY-4 takes overnight call. They have daily lunch conferences, which often have a drug rep lunch, if that kind of thing is important to you.
The chair of the department will be stepping down as chair, but that will not happen until they have found a new chair, so the transition should be a smooth one.
SLU hospital is a large-ish academic hospital with lots of different residency programs, so you get all of the good and bad that comes along with that. However, I'd say that overall, the neuro department has excellent faculty and is a good environment for residents.
Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a med student at SLU going into neuro. What information are you looking for? My experiences with the department (2 rotations) have been very positive. From everything I've seen and heard, the residents genuinely get along well and it is a positive environment. The attendings I have had do a lot of teaching to both students and residents. Overall, the residents seem to be pretty jappy people.
The program includes the prelim year. PGY 2-4 spend time at SLU on the stroke team and general team, at Cardinal Glennon, the children's hospital for child neuro, the VA hospital for general neuro and at a stroke rehab hospital. There are elective for neuro-ophthamology and neurophys, and I'm not entirely sure what all else they have.
PGY-2 and PGY-3 have overnight call where they cover both SLU's hospital and the children's hospital. I do not believe that PGY-4 takes overnight call. They have daily lunch conferences, which often have a drug rep lunch, if that kind of thing is important to you.
The chair of the department will be stepping down as chair, but that will not happen until they have found a new chair, so the transition should be a smooth one.
SLU hospital is a large-ish academic hospital with lots of different residency programs, so you get all of the good and bad that comes along with that. However, I'd say that overall, the neuro department has excellent faculty and is a good environment for residents.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for sharing