St. Marys College vs Alliant CSPP (MFT)

Started by ianhabib
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ianhabib

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I'm about to apply for an MFT program at both Alliant's CSPP in Sacramento and also St Marys College Of California but wanted to get some opinions on who has a "better" MFT program. I see that the program at CSPP is accredited by CAMFT and St Marys is not, yet I know there's a stigma attached to graduating from CSPP whereas St Mary's seems to be more well established. I have a fairly great shot at getting into both programs but due to my low undergrad GPA getting into a state school would be difficult or I would be going with that route.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!