1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

st. mary's medical center pre-med program

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by fudGez14, May 8, 2012.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. fudGez14

fudGez14 2+ Year Member

Mar 1, 2011
    hey all,

has anybody heard of this program or have any advice/comments about it at all? i was recently accepted to the program and am deciding whether this will be a good fit for me this summer.

thanks in advance!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. thisguytony

thisguytony

Sep 30, 2011
    specify which st marys you're talking about? clinical care extender program?

4. TheShaker

TheShaker 2+ Year Member

Jan 31, 2012
    The CCE program somewhere near Long Beach? My brother went through it and it seemed like a fairly generic hospital experience to get clinical hours. It's good but it's nothing that will make you stand out.

5. fudGez14

fudGez14 2+ Year Member

Mar 1, 2011
  6. thisguytony

thisguytony

Sep 30, 2011
    Oh, in that case I have no knowledge of that program.

7. fudGez14

fudGez14 2+ Year Member

Mar 1, 2011
    anyone else?

8. AllDay24

AllDay24 Veteran Member 7+ Year Member

May 26, 2010
    I've heard about it and planned to do it this summer a while back until I realized I have enough shadowing and volunteer stuff. I work at a different local hospital though so I'm not familiar with St. Mary's volunteering specifically.

9. mmmcdowe

mmmcdowe Duke of minimal vowels Gold Donor SDN Moderator 7+ Year Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Physician
    SDN Author
    It sounds like a great opportunity if you need more clinical experience and are good on volunteering.