St. Vincent's NYC prelim/ trans. interview ending time?

Started by Linktones
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Linktones

Junior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview at St. Vincent's in NYC and was wondering what time the interview ends. They say 5pm but is that always the case? Can anyone who has interviewed there tell me approx. what time the interview ends or whether or not you can cut out early to catch a flight? I have a 5:15 flight. If not, then I am going to have to cancel. Please respond ASAP. Thanks...
 
The interview day begins late (noon for me). If your flight is at 5:15 and you can't change the flight (i.e. there is no later flight that evening that would work for you), you should probably cancel it. You will likely finish around 5, but my interview ran later (finished around 5:30 pm).

Plus, in order to get from the city out to JFK (I presume that is where you would be flying to) will take you at least 40 minutes by cab during rush hour, and significantly longer if you take LIRR. So, in my opinion, you'd need to leave the interview no later than 4 pm to catch the flight. This, from my experience, while 'possible' is unrealistic. So, I'd suggest cancelling the interview if you are not able to catch a later flight.



Linktones said:
I have an interview at St. Vincent's in NYC and was wondering what time the interview ends. They say 5pm but is that always the case? Can anyone who has interviewed there tell me approx. what time the interview ends or whether or not you can cut out early to catch a flight? I have a 5:15 flight. If not, then I am going to have to cancel. Please respond ASAP. Thanks...