The Dreaded Re-take: Advice for next step...

Started by Member1137
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

there is no test in 3-4 months. testing ends in 2 months, or there is January which is 6 months.

i think everyone's goal is 36+. just realize less than 2% of test takes get a 36+. and honestly very few people score consistently 36+ on practice tests to where they can expect a 36+. It's good to be realistic or you'll setting yourself up to be disappointed with your results. 32 or above is good for any cali school given a decent gpa.

verbal will be hard to improve from a 6 in 2 months. so I'd lean towards January test date. I'd stress to keep up with the sciences (even though you had a nice PS score of 12), I wouldn't neglect sciences, because it's easily forgotten.

personally I'd rather just have a great verbal, that way I can just study sciences, but looks like you'll need to prep again 100% so you don't forget the sciences.

wouldn't recommend any courses since they are more for people that can't stay on top of a schedule or people that need help understanding concepts. doesn't look like you have done much verbal. study verbal and see where you are in a month or two. but again, going from a 6 to a 12 (or even a 10) takes a lot of time.