Stafford Loan lender selection

Started by Echinoidea
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Echinoidea

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a letter from the university where I will start medical school this fall asking me to choose a Stafford Loan lender between "Total Higher Education" and "Health Education Solutions". Does anyone have any experiece with either of these and/or a recommendation?
 
If your school has them on the preferred lender list than I'm sure both are fine. Things you want to look for in a good lender are zero guarantee and origination fees, and a decent payback scheme whereas you will get discounts for consecutive on-time payments and electronic payment. Otherwise, they are all pretty much the same.