Stanford 2008 Post!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raven

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see JHU, Harvard, UCSF... Common we got into STANFORD. The lowest acceptane rate (i know about BU the safety haven). Forget the Hbomb, the stanford of the east, we're going to the big S. Everyone wants to go. Lets chat, or else i'm going to be forced to do work. :horns: :smuggrin:

or drink:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

if only i understood what you are talking about :confused: :confused: :confused:

He is very orgasmic that he got into Stanford and thinks his $hit is not stankadankadank. He has such an inferiority complex about other schools (i.e. Hopkins, Harvard, and UCSF) that he needs to make a Stanford Class of 2008 thread. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad there's a Stanford 2008 thread and I didn't have to start it!

Hey Pikayou!

Congrats on Stanford! I am not sure if I had mentioned that on another thread. I definitely think you would have made a better Stanford Class of 2008 thread! :D

It's not that Stanford is better or worse than UCSF or Harvard, the two schools I see it compared to most. It's just different...very different. Any medical school located in suburbia, associated with a school like Stanford, using P/F grading all four years, having a class size of 80, and no class on Wednesdays (ever) HAS to be different. For some, these things that set Stanford apart sound at best uninteresting and at worst, frivolous. For me, I couldn't imagine medical school any other way. Have fun at JHU, UCSF, and Harvard...I'm sure you'll have a great time. I'll see you in residency!

All 80 of us will see you in residency.
Pass/Fail
Pass/Fail
Pass/Fail
p=MD (no, no, no)
p= residency at the program of your chioce

opps one more

pass/fail

(got all four of 'em)

Originally posted by raven
All 80 of us will see you in residency.
Pass/Fail
Pass/Fail
Pass/Fail
p=MD (no, no, no)
p= residency at the program of your chioce

Dude, chill out! You don't need to post this...everyone knows. In fact, this comes across as a bit too strong (arrogant)....you shouldn't need reinforcement that Stanford is an excellent institute on an SDN forum.

Revel in your acceptance! You've reached the pinnacle. :)

-Harps

Point taken, i'm trying to rally the troops here. I don't post much, but i'm not feeling the love. I was not looking to put people down or inflate my ego. In fact, not long ago i was on the fence about stanford and other schools, but people on this site helped me along. Hey, this is an internet forum. If you can't act like an ass on the internet then where? For all you know i'm prelaw and doing this for kicks. And, i did not start the "this is my best acceptance ever thred." (low blow) jk i know your a good guy.

ucsf would have been my best acceptance as well....;)

"this is my best acceptance ever thred." (low blow) jk i know your a good guy.

hahah..yeah...I usually don't start threads like that...my bad. I've been on these boards for nearly 2 years, so just wanted to share my acceptance and happiness! :)

I am sorry if I came across my previous post as a bit harsh! I think Stanford's an awesome school. Good luck :)

-Harps

Point taken, i'm trying to rally the troops here. I don't post much, but i'm not feeling the love. I was not looking to put people down or inflate my ego. In fact, not long ago i was on the fence about stanford and other schools, but people on this site helped me along. Hey, this is an internet forum. If you can't act like an ass on the internet then where? For all you know i'm prelaw and doing this for kicks. And, i did not start the "this is my best acceptance ever thred." (low blow) jk i know your a good guy.

I'll see you at the revisit weekend, Mr. pre-law :D

-Harps

I never thought the day would come: but it came and went and I even missed the most important phone call. Anyway I am in at Stanford :clap:

I look forward to seeing you guys at the revist weekend - may then it'll feel real cuz right now it still feels like a dream.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by sinnah83
I never thought the day would come: but it came and went and I even missed the most important phone call. Anyway I am in at Stanford :clap:

I look forward to seeing you guys at the revist weekend - may then it'll feel real cuz right now it still feels like a dream.

YAY...BIG CONGRATS:clap: :clap:

See you at the revisit weekend! :)

-Harps

Thanks Harps. So which one will it be - Stanford or UCSF? Its gotta be a tough decision either way. Good luck :)

Thanks Harps. So which one will it be - Stanford or UCSF? Its gotta be a tough decision either way. Good luck :)

I'll see you at the weekend ;) I just had a recent surge of interest in Harvard....maybe I need a change in scenery...I've a lot of issues to work out....

Anyways, I glad you got in here....see ya in April!

-Harps

Hey, congrats sinnah83!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

See you next month at revisit weekend!

viking1224

hi guys
here's the 2004 match list for anyone interested:
http://deansnewsletter.stanford.edu/archive/2004_residency_match.html

I am waiting on yale.....it will be a really tough call if i am lucky enough to get in there. i will definitely see you all on revist day in may.

btw, any thoughts on Yale vs. Stanford?? they both seem to have a similar philosophy to education......

:)

Thanks for the link.

I have stupid question. What does it mean when there are two programs listed for one person?

It means they are doing their internship at one location, and beginning their PGY-2 at another.

bump
why not??

Originally posted by loomis
hi guys
here's the 2004 match list for anyone interested:
http://deansnewsletter.stanford.edu/archive/2004_residency_match.html

I am waiting on yale.....it will be a really tough call if i am lucky enough to get in there. i will definitely see you all on revist day in may.

btw, any thoughts on Yale vs. Stanford?? they both seem to have a similar philosophy to education......

:)

I withdrew from Yale after my Stanford acceptance. Yale does not offer much financial aid for middle-income students. Oh yeah, the weather can't be beaten.
I like the some-what traditional curricululm---more lecture time.

Kickass sports program...Cardial Pride..heheh.

Come to Stanford. I'll see ya at the revisit weekend :)

-Harps

Originally posted by Pikayou
It means they are doing their internship at one location, and beginning their PGY-2 at another.

Thanks Pikayou. I always wondered about that. So are you pretty much decided on Stanford?

Yup, I couldn't even imagine myself anywhere else, frankly.

Originally posted by Pikayou
Yup, I couldn't even imagine myself anywhere else, frankly.

Then don't feel bad about the UCSF waitlist and Harvard rejection ;)

After all, it's where you go that matters, not where all the places you're accepted. I used to take waitlists/rejections as an indication that I'm a bad applicant and I got over that now.

Actually, I wasn't disappointed at all by the UCSF and Harvard rejections. People who are flaming my other thread as we speak misinterpreted that fact. My other post was purely about the psychological impact of having a lot of good news followed by uninterrupted negative responses.

If only Doctor Cynical was here...

Friendly BUMP!!!!!!

-Harps

Hey guys,

Can you expound a bit on the clinical training issues that were discussed at the revisit and otherwise? I am an east coaster and am seriously considering either Stanford or Harvard. Also, if anyone knows about the MD/MBA joint degree at Stanford, I would love some info.

To the thought that Yale and Stanford are similar, I would strongly agree - I went to Yale for undergrad and was amazed at the similar philosophies and options in the medical schools.

Thanks!

There is no MD/MBA joint degree at Stanford. Similarly to Harvard, it's "in the works," with no conceivable end in sight. When at Stanford, they basically told me that at this point, there is no way to do both in five, although there are a number of SMS kids doing it in six - one guy who graduated last year is actually doing his MBA at Wharton. A particular staff person, whose name I will not mention, even told me to think hard before passing on the Wharton opportunity...whatever that means...

periodic said:
Hey guys,

Can you expound a bit on the clinical training issues that were discussed at the revisit and otherwise? I am an east coaster and am seriously considering either Stanford or Harvard. Also, if anyone knows about the MD/MBA joint degree at Stanford, I would love some info.

To the thought that Yale and Stanford are similar, I would strongly agree - I went to Yale for undergrad and was amazed at the similar philosophies and options in the medical schools.

Thanks!

Since Stanford has one of the top MBA programs...it's difficult to gain that extra degree. But it's doable. One of my buddies is graduating this year with an MD/MBA. Sinnah posted a response to the clinical training issues in the "Stanford revisit" thread...basically it's a non-issue.

-Harps

Thanks for your helpful info klooless, sinnah, and Harps. This is a really tough choice and I wish I had found out in time to make it to the revisit. Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread any longer (it's for all you celebrating your wonderful decision)...I'll take my questions to PM or another thread. Don't hurt me if I post an X vs. Y thread in the near future... :laugh:

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP................................. :D

BUMP

-Harps