Stanford Anesthesia.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John Ash

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stanford Anesthesia?
Has anyone got feedback about the different programs they got with anesthesia?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You mean the myriad of different fellowships they offer, or research tracks through residency? I can really only speak to the Critical Care Fellowship (and maybe offer some insight to Cardiac) but I've loved the three months of Critical Care here. Happy to PM you with more info on that - if that's the track you're referring to.

You mean the myriad of different fellowships they offer, or research tracks through residency? I can really only speak to the Critical Care Fellowship (and maybe offer some insight to Cardiac) but I've loved the three months of Critical Care here. Happy to PM you with more info on that - if that's the track you're referring to.
They have combined Anesthesia/Pediatrics and Anesthesia/Internal medicine. Yes, I heard they are the best anesthesia residency program in the NorCal.

Anesthesiology/IM??? That sounds like a recipe for disaster. While it's my favorite combo, there are so few people that could be truly good at both. They just require different talents and personalities, which are rarely encountered in the same person. On the other hand, since one could train a midlevel to do 80% of each...

I think we should call this track Anesthesiology/PSH. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Does anyone here know anyone who is or was a resident there?
I really wanna know some stuff about the program before going for an interview.I think they did very well in the NRMP match last year and they got the best candidates. Not sure how they did that

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Does anyone here know anyone who is or was a resident there?
I really wanna know some stuff about the program before going for an interview.I think they did very well in the NRMP match last year and they got the best candidates. Not sure how they did that
Just email them and they'll likely put you into contact with someone who can help answer questions.

Not sure how they did that? Lol. It's Stanford dude. As good as it gets.

OP - change your name to John Ass 'cuz that's what you are.

Reactions: 1 user
This is precious. Can anybody from Stanford explain how they get "the best candidates", before @John Ash's interview? :rofl:

This is precious. Can anybody from Stanford explain how they get "the best candidates", before @John Ash's interview? :rofl:

Cause Stanford is da bomb
Everyone ranks it #1, even if they didn't get an interview

When I applied for undergrad, Stanford was the only school that rejected me. It kind of hurt my feelings. They must really take the awesomest of best candidates at all levels.

When I applied for undergrad, Stanford was the only school that rejected me. It kind of hurt my feelings. They must really take the awesomest of best candidates at all levels.
You're being too modest.

Will Stanford be this year’s “second to none” program?!

Nah ...

It's a fine program, but they don't dominate. They market heavily and have a flashy website. If you want west coast, look there and UCSF. If not, look at MGH, Johns Hopkins. Vanderbilt is up and coming too.

During residency search, I got offered an interview at every CA ‘big name’ program, except Stanford.......i got over it

Its over rated. Most of those places are. Residents are the smartest ones in the rooms with zero clinical ability.