Stanford & August MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MtsByondMts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Have any of you August MCATers heard post-secondary from Stanford? I was complete by late October (like most people, I received the secondary invitation a few days after scores were released). I haven't seen any interview invites on the "August MCATers... any news?" thread, just rejections, but it doesn't differentiate between pre-interview and pre-secondary rejections. If you have received a post-secondary decision, please post the date you received it, the decision, and your interview date if you were offered one.

Thanks so much!

lilgecko

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
August MCATer, complete on 11/5, and nothing yet.

English Chick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't take the August MCAT, but for a handful of ridiculous reasons, my AMCAS wasn't transmitted to schools until the middle of September. I didn't get the Stanford secondary until October. I was really slow turning it in - I think my last LOR sailed in on the December 1 deadline. I got an interview invite in early February, interviewed in late February, and was admitted last week. I think I've read someone around here (check out the "stanford phone call" thread) that Stanford is interviewing into April, so it's possible you'll still get good news. Good luck!

PianoGirl04

living for tomorrow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much. Stanford is far behind in their interview schedule (probably because they only interview 3 applicants per day). I'm an April MCATer who was complete in early September but didn't get an invite until mid-January. Hang in there!

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PianoGirl04
I wouldn't worry too much. Stanford is far behind in their interview schedule (probably because they only interview 3 applicants per day). I'm an April MCATer who was complete in early September but didn't get an invite until mid-January. Hang in there!

Actually on my interview day there were like 8 people.

I think this is indeed getting late in the season, but my student interviewer actually had his interview right before second-look weekend (Which is end of April/Beginning of May), so interviews that late is not unheard of.

It seems like how early you have interview doesn't have much effect on your decision. Handful of people have been rejected/waitlisted post-interview so far.

MeowMix

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Zero. Even though they said they interview into April, I honestly don't think much of my chances at this point.

MtsByondMts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Still haven't heard a peep... anyone? anything? I'm starting to wonder whether I should contact them and see what's going on. I just want to get on with my life!

Dwahl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, i'm an august MCAT and i did hear from stanford...

rejection without interview. no worries though.

so i guess not hearing is a positive thing. who knows.

MtsByondMts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Dwahl: When did you hear? Thanks so much for responding.

jfksenior

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i hope you all know that anyone interviewing after mid march is basically interviewing for a spot on the waitlist, or at least thats what i found out after i got back from cali...wish they would have told me this before i flew out there...

Dwahl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i heard in february? yeah, probably early feb...

luckily my acceptances came before that, so it wasn't too big of a blow.

rotarygirder83

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I took the August MCAT and was complete in October too. I interviewed at Stanford on Jan 5 and was accepted 3 weeks later.

Hope that helps.