• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

MtsByondMts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
Status (Visible)
Have any of you August MCATers heard post-secondary from Stanford? I was complete by late October (like most people, I received the secondary invitation a few days after scores were released). I haven't seen any interview invites on the "August MCATers... any news?" thread, just rejections, but it doesn't differentiate between pre-interview and pre-secondary rejections. If you have received a post-secondary decision, please post the date you received it, the decision, and your interview date if you were offered one.

Thanks so much!

English Chick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2001
Palo Alto, CA
Status (Visible)
Well, I didn't take the August MCAT, but for a handful of ridiculous reasons, my AMCAS wasn't transmitted to schools until the middle of September. I didn't get the Stanford secondary until October. I was really slow turning it in - I think my last LOR sailed in on the December 1 deadline. I got an interview invite in early February, interviewed in late February, and was admitted last week. I think I've read someone around here (check out the "stanford phone call" thread) that Stanford is interviewing into April, so it's possible you'll still get good news. Good luck!

About the Ads

PianoGirl04

living for tomorrow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I wouldn't worry too much. Stanford is far behind in their interview schedule (probably because they only interview 3 applicants per day). I'm an April MCATer who was complete in early September but didn't get an invite until mid-January. Hang in there!

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by PianoGirl04
I wouldn't worry too much. Stanford is far behind in their interview schedule (probably because they only interview 3 applicants per day). I'm an April MCATer who was complete in early September but didn't get an invite until mid-January. Hang in there!

Actually on my interview day there were like 8 people.

I think this is indeed getting late in the season, but my student interviewer actually had his interview right before second-look weekend (Which is end of April/Beginning of May), so interviews that late is not unheard of.

It seems like how early you have interview doesn't have much effect on your decision. Handful of people have been rejected/waitlisted post-interview so far.

MeowMix

Explaining "Post-Call"
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Zero. Even though they said they interview into April, I honestly don't think much of my chances at this point.

MtsByondMts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
Status (Visible)
Still haven't heard a peep... anyone? anything? I'm starting to wonder whether I should contact them and see what's going on. I just want to get on with my life!

Dwahl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hey, i'm an august MCAT and i did hear from stanford...

rejection without interview. no worries though.

so i guess not hearing is a positive thing. who knows.

jfksenior

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2002
NE
Status (Visible)
i hope you all know that anyone interviewing after mid march is basically interviewing for a spot on the waitlist, or at least thats what i found out after i got back from cali...wish they would have told me this before i flew out there...

Dwahl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2004
Status (Visible)
i heard in february? yeah, probably early feb...

luckily my acceptances came before that, so it wasn't too big of a blow.

rotarygirder83

15+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hey,

I took the August MCAT and was complete in October too. I interviewed at Stanford on Jan 5 and was accepted 3 weeks later.

Hope that helps.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.