STANFORD c/o 2013!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
on admit weekend

(1) How are the dorms ?

Dorms are ok. I stayed with an MS1 in Lyman. It was a bit older and not as nice as Munger but it was more convenient than EV because you can walk over to class, etc.

(2) How are the med students ?

Med students were all super-duper qualified. The things they were doing were pretty amazing, as was the caliber of research and different interests they had. A bit on the nerd side for me but it depends on your perspective.

(3) How was the party ?

Thursday night there was a small party in someones apartment. It was whatever. Friday night was cool, we went out to some "club", more like a lounge by LA standards. There are definitely some MS1s who are really social and like to party, but I feel like they are outnumbered.

(4) What was the best part ?

Mexican buffet on saturday? Haha.

Thanks a bunch

No problemo.

Members don't see this ad.

on admit weekend

(1) How are the dorms ?

(2) How are the med students ?

(3) How was the party ?

(4) What was the best part ?

Thanks a bunch

Hey there! I went to second look, and I just mailed in my deposit and withdrew everywhere else. I'm very excited!

1) Dorms - Dorms are dorms. I stayed in an Escondido studio, it was small and studio-ish, but nice. Escondido Village though is huge!!!! In general, I didn't realize how huge the campus was overall, I feel like no matter what, you're gonna need a bike. I'm not really picky in terms of my living situation though, I can pop a squat anywhere and be happy. I find the on-campus housing to be very communal though, people just kinda walking around and mingling, which is nice.

2) Med Students - They were really nice and very tight knit it seemed. There seems to be a pretty clear divide between those that like to party, and those that don't, but everyone is very nice. I guess the same divide exists no matter where you go though, and birds of a feather flock together. In terms of the incoming class, I couldn't get a good read on them actually, in general, seemed kinda on the shy side/mellow side, but don't know if that's just because of the situation.

3) Party - There were 2, one was on Thursday night in Escondido. That was fine, it was just a bunch of people introducing themselves over and over again. I got pretty drunk on Friday night and don't remember too much about the night out except that it was incredibly loud so I didn't talk too much. I just hung out with the few people I met during the day as well because it was a hard layout to try and mingle (i.e. crowded and very narrow). Overall, I felt it was pretty low key. Lights on at 1:30am, closed at 2am, c'est la vie in Cali I guess. There was talk of doing something after, but that fizzled fast.

4) Best part - I think the MS1's were pretty cool, particularly the hosts. Actually, the MS1's put on a talent show as part of the friday night activities, and though I probably would have appreciated more drinking time, it was pretty funny and showcased a great sense of humor, a lot of cameraderie, and a really talented class.

Hope that helps.

MJ & Duke

Thanks for the input. It is very helpful. I appreciate it very much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, I think the changes to the clinical aspect of Stanford are a good thing.

Congrats!!!

I'm actually not sure, but you can contact the housing office:

http://studenthousing.stanford.edu
(650) 725-2810

I think from what someone told me, you are no longer guaranteed housing because you did not apply by the deadline, however, there is still a high likelihood you will get on-campus housing if you want it. Hope that helps!!

sooooo...where is everybody living?!?!
i just found out I will be in escondido village in a 3br apt.