Stanford MSTP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LilMissDrDoolittle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you who interviewed at Stanford MSTP and did not get in, did you officially ever receive a letter from them stating that you were rejected or did you just find out by calling Marjorie?

Members don't see this ad.

I know that at least pre-May15, they were keeping some applications active on their alternate list, so it is possible that those people would not have received letters, yet are also not yet rejected.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Spudster:
•I know that at least pre-May15, they were keeping some applications active on their alternate list, so it is possible that those people would not have received letters, yet are also not yet rejected.•••••So they did mail out rejections to some applicants initially? Has their MSTP class been determined yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that it has been determined, at least insofar as waitlist movement does not disrupt it. I think that because both Marjorie and Greg Barsh indicated to me that they would be making ther final decisions shortly after May 15th. I got a call the following Monday, so I assume that means that everyone else that was accepted also did about that time.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Spudster:
•I think that it has been determined, at least insofar as waitlist movement does not disrupt it. I think that because both Marjorie and Greg Barsh indicated to me that they would be making ther final decisions shortly after May 15th. I got a call the following Monday, so I assume that means that everyone else that was accepted also did about that time.•••••I see. So do you know if they are going to be mailing out rejection letters to the rest of the people that they were still waivering between?

Is that where you are going? If so, congrats :)

I honestly don't know about what they'll be doing about rejections. I assume they'll keep a few lingering around just in case they lose a few to waitlists, but frankly since most that are eligible, i.e. accepted already to med school, will have given up their slot in favor of a sure acceptance at another MSTProgram, I don't know how likely it is that anyone else will come off. I got lucky in that I didn't have to deal with hanging on to MD only past May 15 in hopes of MSTP since I was waitlisted by MD until after the deadline.

In any case, yes, Stanford is the only place for me for a number of reasons (spouse, research, etc.), so I'll definitely be staying here. Are you still on the MD waitlist? Accepted MD, waiting MSTP? Stanford certainly has some fantastic opportunities, so I wish you the best of luck.