Stanford or UCLA(Full ride)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

songoku92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the pre-med forum, but I also want to hear from those who have already spent some time in medical school or have graduated. I've been accepted into both Stanford and UCLA. However, I was offered the David Geffen Scholarship at UCLA so I would graduate with zero debt. I would still get some financial aid from Stanford, but not a full ride. It's a really tough decision and I'd like to hear people's thoughts on it.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

UCLA full ride. Both are great schools. Pick the cheaper option.

Ucla, no hesitation. Full ride=not a single doubt. At ucla you will get 95% of the opportunities you would get at Stanford, and that 5% or whatever is not worth the extra 150k in debt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Both are brand name schools..if difference between the two will be greater than $100,000 then UCLA is hands down the easy choice

This section is for medical students, not for premeds. This thread belongs in the school specific discussion section and posting the same thing in multiple sections is against the rules

Reactions: 1 user
I'll never understand questions like this? Should I go to this MD or this DO?! Should I get in unnecessary crippling debt?! Should I sit bare assed on this running chainsaw?!

Jesus dude what kind of decisions do you f*ck up on a daily basis

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.