Stanford question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

old macdonald

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Either it's a cruel joke...or divine intervention...but I just received an email inviting me for an interview at Stanford! Does anyone know if the entering class has been filled as of this date? Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

old macdonald said:
Either it's a cruel joke...or divine intervention...but I just received an email inviting me for an interview at Stanford! Does anyone know if the entering class has been filled as of this date? Thanks for your help!

:thumbup: congrats!

I've been complete seven months now, and not a word to date.

Maybe there's still hope for me?

BTW-I don't think their class is full.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete the first week of September...I don't know what that means, but I know that I'll be going to church...well, next Sunday! I've never been to Cali...so at the very least, I'll have a nice trip away from the lab!

old macdonald said:

When is your interview date? I was just curious as to how far ahead Stanford is booking interviews.

thanks

Friend of mine got the email on wednesday, interviewied on friday. It sort of seems like they are filling the interviews dropped by people who got into non-rolling schools.

Oh, Stanford...

Tra La La said:
Oh, Stanford...

You need to go to bed. I can't believe you're still awake. Thanks for the positive remarks on the Harvard thread but I am dead sure I was rejected. I have come to terms with it, and it appears from your cheerful and lovely posts that you are on your way to doing the same. I am sure Stanford will be much kinder to you.

GuyLaroche said:
You need to go to bed. I can't believe you're still awake. Thanks for the positive remarks on the Harvard thread but I am dead sure I was rejected. I have come to terms with it, and it appears from your cheerful and lovely posts that you are on your way to doing the same. I am sure Stanford will be much kinder to you.

GL, do you live in Oregon? That's my guess.

canttouchthis said:
Friend of mine got the email on wednesday, interviewied on friday. It sort of seems like they are filling the interviews dropped by people who got into non-rolling schools.

hi all. by some miracle i was granted an interview this morning. looking at the schedule, every week day during the last two weeks of march is open. for those still hoping, keep it alive!

thats awesome man. i hope it works out for you! keep us updated!

Members don't see this ad :)
And congratulations, old macdonald! That's exciting. :D

Hey I'm thinking that so many people were rejected in dec and jan that most of us that haven't gotten the ax yet will get an interview. I got one yesterday too and it seemed like there were plenty of dates open.

Ugh, I emailed Cassandra Sooter yesterday about my application status and she said that "The dean has not yet made a final interview decision"...which is the same thing she said in december. How long are they gonna drag this crap out? :rolleyes:

UCLAstudent said:

Who else wants to join the "I've been complete for more than half a year and have heard nothing from Stanford" club? :)

canttouchthis said:
Hey I'm thinking that so many people were rejected in dec and jan that most of us that haven't gotten the ax yet will get an interview. I got one yesterday too and it seemed like there were plenty of dates open.

Congrats! That gives me a sliver of hope!

Tra La La said:
Congrats! That gives me a sliver of hope!

Thanks a lot! Best of luck to those waiting to hear back about an interview!

Tra La La said:
Who else wants to join the "I've been complete for more than half a year and have heard nothing from Stanford" club? :)

Wow...there seems to be more of our kind than I imagined :laugh:

I've been complete since September...here's to hoping for an interview!! Good luck!

Electrophys said:

I've been complete since September...here's to hoping for an interview!! Good luck!

:luck: to you, too.

May this week bring some good luck.

canttouchthis said:

I hope you're right. Alas, to come so close to greatness...

i interviewed at Stanford last week (got the invitation the week before) and they told me that they just finished going through the entire pile of applications last month. so even though they invited some students as early as december, most of their invitations started going out in febuary...and they will continue to interview students until april. so don't worry you guys, they are a little behind but as you already figured: the fact that you haven't been rejected at this point means that you are definitely being considered for an interview. IT'S NOT TOO LATE!! good luck to y'all!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Electrophys said:

let me in the club! ive been complete since september or december, depending on the truthfullness of their "we screwed up and didnt fix it till december, but we will put you back in line with the september apps" comment in december. i imagine this to be something akin to the ucsf pre interview hold status, theyll give some more interviews here and there. i will be surprised if i get one, anyway. good luck to all still waiting and those ready to go interview.

SmartyPants said:
i interviewed at Stanford last week (got the invitation the week before) and they told me that they just finished going through the entire pile of applications last month. so even though they invited some students as early as december, most of their invitations started going out in febuary...and they will continue to interview students until april. so don't worry you guys, they are a little behind but as you already figured: the fact that you haven't been rejected at this point means that you are definitely being considered for an interview. IT'S NOT TOO LATE!! good luck to y'all!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

That's nice to know!

Thanks for the update. :)

so do you guys think that they have reviewed ALL of the aps? i am just worried that maybe i haven't been rejected yet b/c they haven't gotten to my application. i turned in the secondary on 11/28, so i was complete in december. it seems for a long time for them to take to review all of the applications though.

VeggieGal said:
so do you guys think that they have reviewed ALL of the aps? i am just worried that maybe i haven't been rejected yet b/c they haven't gotten to my application. i turned in the secondary on 11/28, so i was complete in december. it seems for a long time for them to take to review all of the applications though.

they have some awkward way of sifting through the applications; I was complete like 10 min before the deadline and recieved an invite at the end of january. Me thinks if you are still waiting to hear that is probably a good sign since they know people will decline to interview after the non-rollings came out and will give those spots to others.

I just got the interview invite this morning...totally surprised like many of you. I apologize in advance if this has been addressed in a previous post, but does anyone know what the stats are for #accepted/#interviewed?

Best of luck to those who are still waiting...plenty of dates in March seem to be open.

got stanford invite today in morning. theyre still sending them out.

Do you know when they will stop sending out invites for interviews?

SwankyLove said:
got stanford invite today in morning. theyre still sending them out.

Stupid question: Around what time in the morning did you get the invite? Is it worth checking my e-mail neurotically throughout the day? :laugh:

Tra La La said:
Stupid question: Around what time in the morning did you get the invite? Is it worth checking my e-mail neurotically throughout the day? :laugh:

LOL! :) My possibly stupid question too...

Tra La La said:

i got mine at 7am pst yesterday. it was a pleasant surprise to wake up to. i screamed and rolled on the ground for five minutes (sorry, neighbors!).

if you haven't been rejected yet, i think there is a very good chance you will still get an interview. stanford is just annoyingly slow. hang in there!

kgm4 said:
i got mine at 7am pst yesterday. it was a pleasant surprise to wake up to. i screamed and rolled on the ground for five minutes (sorry, neighbors!).

if you haven't been rejected yet, i think there is a very good chance you will still get an interview. stanford is just annoyingly slow. hang in there!

Some Stanford statistics...

For the 2002-2003 First-Year Class:

Applied: 5239
Interviewed: 525
Enrolled: 86

Mean GPA: 3.70; Mean Science: 3.71
MCAT: 11.3 PS/11.2 BS/10.2 VR

That's a ~10% interviewing rate according to the data from 2002-2003 year.

Best of luck to ALL of you waiting for your interview notification, and to those of you that know you're interviewing this month!

(From Barron's Guide to Medical & Dental Schools)

wow they finally talked to me and apparently i will "hear from us shortly". how timely of them.

prepare your mailboxes for another salvo of rejections

Acherona said:
wow they finally talked to me and apparently i will "hear from us shortly". how timely of them.

prepare your mailboxes for another salvo of rejections

I just got a Stanford interview invite yesterday morning too. Today I locked in my interview and it looks as though one day of March interviews are left.

How are they this late??? My app was completed in early September! I was done interviewing everywhere else by December....

Do any of you other late interviewees feel like there is less than 0.0001% chance of being accepted??

lagringa87xc said:
I just got a Stanford interview invite yesterday morning too. Today I locked in my interview and it looks as though one day of March interviews are left.

How are they this late??? My app was completed in early September! I was done interviewing everywhere else by December....

Do any of you other late interviewees feel like there is less than 0.0001% chance of being accepted??

Wow! When I selected my interview a few days ago, there were at least two weeks of interviews left. It seems they're going very fast!

Best of luck!